Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

We might have gone for Bent if Remy had fallen through. I'm pretty sure if we are still looking for another striker, it will be a target man type.

It's the right move as well really. Someone who can play with Remy or Cisse and compete for the centre of a 4-3-3 if (please god) we go that way.

For an extra twenty quid we could have had him in a weeks ago, so by the time man city comes around he'd be up to speed.

Who the fuck am i kidding? Pardew would have used that time to assess the lad and come to the conclusion his work rate isn't high enough and he doesn't protect the full back enough.

For an extra twenty quid we could have had him in a weeks ago, so by the time man city comes around he'd be up to speed.

Who the f*** am i kidding? Pardew would have used that time to assess the lad and come to the conclusion his work rate isn't high enough and he doesn't protect the full back enough.

Great post.

Who the f*** am i kidding? Pardew would have used that time to assess the lad and come to the conclusion his work rate isn't high enough and he doesn't protect the full back enough.

Great post.

:lol:

In terms of player quality Remy was the one I was really keen on, but in terms of what we need to make the most of the way we 'play' I think we need this guy desperately.

Or someone of a similar type. That's why I don't understand why we haven't moved onto the second hit list of alternative strikers JFK mentioned in the interview. The only reason can be that we still think this might happen.

There's every reason to think it will still happen.  Most of the deal is agreed and as the window closes something will have to give, most likely from Lyon.  Right now they stand to lose £8.6m if he's still there at the start of September, as he'll almost definitely leave for nothing a year later (or at most they may get a couple of million for him in January).  Even if the agent wants £1m off them are they really going to not pay it and lose the other £7.6m?  I can't see anyone offering the same fee we have plus agreeing to pay a ridiculous agents fee either, so I think we can afford to wait it out.

I'm fairly confident we'll get him.

As Teasy alluded to above Lyon have a lot to lose if this doesn't go through. We are the only team so far to put forward an acceptable offer. I can't see them risking leaving it till January for £400,000 or whatever it is.

We would be idiots to stump up the extra money considering we are already offering a very fair amount with his contract situation, desperation to leave and their clear need to get rid.

Great post.

I'm a great guy.