Aston Villa v Newcastle - 24/05/09 - Pre-match thread

Godot

He's torn, you can tell. Loves the Toon man.

If it was the other way around I'd want Villa to stay up, personally. Especially ahead of Birmingham and Hull.

Told you, you're staying up, the worry is null and void.

You'll see. I shall be here on Sunday evening saying "told you so".

You fucking better be!

Team for me should be 3-4-3

Harper

Beye    Taylor    Colo

Butt

Jonas                            Duff

Guthrie

Lovenkrands

Martins              Viduka

Jonas and Duff Tucking back into Left back and right back when we loose the ball.

Guthrie slipping balls for lovenkrands to open some space up for the front two.

Edgar and Coloccini as central defensive partnership. Come off it lads.

No worse than any other combinations.

In the immortal words of Fraser out of Dads Army...........

Extremely debatable.

We have been rubbish for 37 games so cant see why this will be any different, especially without our two best defenders. We need a miracle, we wont win so the best we can hope for is a draw and for Man Utd to beat Hull.

if we get the desired result i hope we've scraped it after having played shite and maybe only won by a hotly disputed og that mondays papers will prove didn't cross the line as the football gods are a perverse bunch and if we put in our best performance for a decade and win 8-0 the other results will go against us in a baffling manner.

Guest Magpiecn

Have just finished 5 law exams in 96 hours and can now turn my full attention to the game, can't see me being any lessed stressed or getting any more sleep over the next few days than I have been all week!

:kasper: OMG

I've just been reading a webchat from this lunchtime that the Birmingham Mail's Villa man did.

In it he says that he "knows that a decent number of the players have flights booked for Monday, and won't want a broken toe or similar to ruin anything".

Errr....is....Beye....injured? I just saw this news somewhere in other forum.  Kidding rite?

100% out :(

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1664235,00.html

Beye Blow For Big Al

By Craig Hope

HABIB Beye has lost his race to be fit in time for Sunday's clash at Aston Villa.

The Senegal ace injured his hamstring during the 1-0 home defeat against Fulham last weekend and had been rated as 50-50 for the West Midlands showdown.

But gaffer Alan Shearer told nufcTV on Friday: "Unfortunately Habib won't be fit and that's a blow.