NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I'm saying it's positive because if it's true we went back for him it suggests there's money to spend.

I actually think there is money to spend. The whole "LOOK! Agent fees! Signing on fees!" has been made so public that I reckon the club are putting those statements out there so other clubs don't think "they've still got the Carroll money left" and try to get extortionate fees out of us. Genuinely don't believe Mike Ashley and Lambias give enough of a fuck to make excuses in front of the fans - it's not like their bridges can be burnt any further than they already have been.

Not sure how its not positive news tbh

We've been over how the moneys being spent enough times, moaning about it doesnt change whats happening. If we're still potentially willing to spend near 11m plus wages on the right players, we may still get someone above the class of Long in before the window shuts. Which is more promising than it had been recently.

Promising news if the report that we tried to get Gervinho last minute is true.

How?

Up there with the 'moves' for Kieran Richardson and N'Zogbia. Ashley/Llambias will have fed a line to the media to try and curry favour with fans.

One of the most consistently suggested and consistently ridiculous "theories." It's just tedious.

tbf it's not an anti-ashley line for those that remember the rooney bid, to some, from exactly the same school of thought.

I wasn't around these boards back then so I don't know what the situation was.

Nevertheless I maintain that the idea that the Arshavin/Modric/Richardson(:lol:)/N'Zogbia/Gameiro/Gervinho bids were "fake bids" to appease the public is mind-numbingly ridiculous.

I'm not some sort of Anti-Ashley doom monger, but the Richardson, Michael Johnson and N'Zogbia bids we're all highly suspicious, and in my opinion clear PR moves. Especialy when you watched Sky Sports News all day.

So glad the former 2 did not come off for the reported £8m each.

yup, kinda reminds me of the old phil brown 'it's nice to be associated with such a player'. i am still highly suspicious of those bids and will be this year up until the transfer window closes.

The Chronicle understands that Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner – who has been in talks with one unnamed Premier League club – is not interesting United at this stage.

Newcastle are also cool on out-of- contract England international Jay Bothroyd, with the former Cardiff and Coventry man due to announce his intentions this week. Understandably – and like most Premier League bosses – Pardew is keeping his cards close to his chest when it comes to transfers.

However, the United boss told the Chronicle today: “We are still looking hard for a striker, and we have got our eyes on every striker who is available at the moment. But they have to be the right fit for this club.

“There is a certain genre they have to fit into. And we will be striving for them to fit into that category.”

“There is a certain genre they have to fit into. And we will be striving for them to fit into that category.”

Well, I think we've got enough strikers already at the club to cover the 'horror' genre.

Promising news if the report that we tried to get Gervinho last minute is true.

How?

Up there with the 'moves' for Kieran Richardson and N'Zogbia. Ashley/Llambias will have fed a line to the media to try and curry favour with fans.

One of the most consistently suggested and consistently ridiculous "theories." It's just tedious.

tbf it's not an anti-ashley line for those that remember the rooney bid, to some, from exactly the same school of thought.

I wasn't around these boards back then so I don't know what the situation was.

Nevertheless I maintain that the idea that the Arshavin/Modric/Richardson(:lol:)/N'Zogbia/Gameiro/Gervinho bids were "fake bids" to appease the public is mind-numbingly ridiculous.

That kind of stuff isn't the norm over here though...

Well, I think we've got enough strikers already at the club to cover the 'horror' genre.

We've got a few who cover comedy as well... And Stephen Ireland's head-shape was bordering on sci-fi while he was here.

The Chronicle understands that Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner – who has been in talks with one unnamed Premier League club – is not interesting United at this stage.

Newcastle are also cool on out-of- contract England international Jay Bothroyd, with the former Cardiff and Coventry man due to announce his intentions this week. Understandably – and like most Premier League bosses – Pardew is keeping his cards close to his chest when it comes to transfers.

However, the United boss told the Chronicle today: “We are still looking hard for a striker, and we have got our eyes on every striker who is available at the moment. But they have to be the right fit for this club.

Out of contract?

Newcastle United step up their striker search

ok, can i just come out and say that's JULY and now we're stepping up our striker search :lol:

all these mopes thinking we're gonna spend much of the 35m better start rethinking...we got 3 players for 5m, mike's wet dream tbh, why spend the rest

ok, can i just come out and say that's JULY and now we're stepping up our striker search :lol:

all these mopes thinking we're gonna spend much of the 35m better start rethinking...we got 3 players for 5m, mike's wet dream tbh, why spend the rest

For. Fuck's. Sake.

For. f***'s. Sake.

+1

For. Fuck's. Sake.

ok ian, pm me, we'll see where we are in september

we've been here before man, JULY and we're "stepping up" our striker search :lol:

the 'getting value for money' argument only goes so far and lasts so long before it's a stringalong

again

For. f***'s. Sake.

+1

+ fuck you dude

I can see us signing one or two more players with maybe 3 or more leaving. I can't see any 10 million pound plus player coming in but maybe a couple of 5 million or under deals.

It's hard to believe what actually Pardew or whoever says regarding transfers because we have been told some bullshit in the past it's beyond a joke.

Still relatively early July though and i'm happy with what has been done so far, good transfers, Tiote contract and Colo captain. However i still believe trying to justify spending the 35 million is unacceptable, they should tell us straight that we aren't seeing anywhere near that being spent on players instead of throwing in traning ground/wages/agent fees into the mix. We should have money on top of that 35 mill to cover those sort of things.

Look forward to seeing our starting line up against Arsenal whoever that maybe...

For. Fuck's. Sake.

ok ian, pm me, we'll see where we are in september

we've been here before man, JULY and we're "stepping up" our striker search :lol:

the 'getting value for money' argument only goes so far and lasts so long before it's a stringalong

again

You appear to be getting hung up on a journalists headine that bears no relation to any of the quotes.

We had offers in on our first choice strikers well before the window opened. That was when we 'stepped up'.

It does look like we made bids for Gervinho, Gameiro and Erdinc. It seems that the problem wasn't that the bids weren't high enough. The players didn't want to come because they had opportunities to join clubs who were already in Europe.

The only way to get around that is to offer an inflated salary to overcome the player's reluctance. Do people think that's a good idea?

Exactly who we're aiming for now I don't know, but we're still at the stage where selling clubs are holding out for transfer fees that are larger than the level that they'd actually settle for in the end. Again, do we do a Liverpool and hand over the dosh just to get the player now?

It does look like we made bids for Gervinho, Gameiro and Erdinc. It seems that the problem wasn't that the bids weren't high enough. The players didn't want to come because they had opportunities to join clubs who were already in Europe.

The only way to get around that is to offer an inflated salary to overcome the player's reluctance. Do people think that's a good idea?

Exactly who we're aiming for now I don't know, but we're still at the stage where selling clubs are holding out for transfer fees that are larger than the level that they'd actually settle for in the end. Again, do we do a Liverpool and hand over the dosh just to get the player now?

Even though there were rumours of a failed medical, it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility that we paid Marveuax an inflated salary compared to Liverpools offer, happy to pay the costs of a player over the course of a contract if we can keep the initial outlay down. I'd hoped we were moving away from it, but we have always had to pay a little extra due to fashion and location even when we had the caliber of manager in Robson and were challenging for Europe.