James Tavernier joins Rangers

Skirge

• 4 weeks later...
Guest bimpy474

Class, I thought he had cos he was in the training photos.

with mcloven.

And Nzuzi, i thought he had been let go too.

Guest Phil K

Pleased. The lad and young Fergie are going to be foundations for the future. And young Brit lads too.

Not convinced. He's going to turn 21 in October and hasn't really done anything on the first team. I dont think he will ever be good enough for a Europa chasing side like Newcastle should be.

Not convinced. He's going to turn 21 in October and hasn't really done anything on the first team. I dont think he will ever be good enough for a Europa chasing side like Newcastle should be.

Fucking hell :lol:

If he's to make it at NUFC he probably needs to make a good breakthrough this season. There will be plenty of chances, particularly if we go further than the first match in the cups. Either way this contract ensures we'll get a fee for him should we sell.

He's been away on loan for the majority of the past 2 seasons.

He's been away on loan for the majority of the past 2 seasons.

And there is probably a reason why he has been on loan for the majority of the past 2 seasons, while we have had an average right back playing almost every single game for us. It's good that he has been impressive for other clubs, but remember that this wasn't even on a Championship level.

I hope the club knows what it is doing and that I am wrong. I just don't understand all the happyness and relief about this 3-year deal.

I don't know what people expect from a 21 year-old. Players who break into the Premier League at 18/19 are the exception, not the rule. He's still a bairn and if the club see enough potential in him then I'm happy about him being here.

I saw him play in central midfield once, and he looked more comfortable there than I've ever seen him play in defence. He's actually quite a skilful player.

They're obviously convinced he's a defender, but I'm not convinced he's going to make it there at the level we're aiming for.