Arsene Wenger

Parky

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, their 'struggle' pisses me off. Wenger's a fantastic manager, I know a lot of people dislike him, but he's still my favourite in the league. He's not the best, or the most cut-throat, but he knows how to make an decent team, very decent and when push comes to shove he can get what he needs out of them to make the Champions League. I personally find his 'I didn't see it' stuff funny, he knows that it's a joke because it's such a cliche now, but when he does it now I just laugh.

• 1 month later...

Chuffed for Arsenal doing so well, although the 'Wenger Out' campaigners should be forced to support Sunderland (cf my posts on the last page).

In my head, giving Wenger money is cheating. It's the footballing equivalent of:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/72463/1635841-1294698_green_lantern_batman1_super.jpg

He's just such a fucking good man-manager. Not just the Thierry Henrys, RvPs and Ramseys (:memelol:) but the Parlours and Walcotts too. He extracts near maximum value from his lot, whatever it may be, by getting them to play to his philosophy. His coat is fucking hilarious too.

The only shame is due to moving to Emirates that they couldn't compete in the short term.

Although it did mean they can now compete in the long term long after Wenger is gone too.

Hoping he can win some trophies between now and his retirement to make up for that barren run.

Also that first goal against Swansea was classic Wenger don't think any other team in the country would have scored that.

Wenger is, IMHO, the best manager in the PL bar none - given that he has had to restrict spending compared to Man U and City because of the Emirates development, I rate him even better than Ferguson although Fergie has had a hard job keeping Man U where they are for so long - look at the problem Moyes may have from now on...

Nobody else in the PL has pulled off so many great value transfer deals - look at what he paid for Anelka and then what he got back from Real Madrid when Arsenal had arguably had the best of him and he was beginning to be awkward.....

He has had to sell some great players and although Arsenal have not won much in recent years, they are still light years ahead of the likes of us...and most other PL clubs.

He is unpopular with many fans around the country because he often refuses to see offences from his own players but his handling of most players that pass through his hands is excellent and he would have been a great manager for NUFC had he joined us after KK left in 1997 but he was already with a great club and we would have had very little chance of getting him to leave Arsenal, more's the pity.

Unfortunately, even Wenger couldn't work his magic under the likes of Ashley and with Kinnear looking over his shoulder - Arsenal fans should count themselves lucky to have had him and I hope they can win the PL this year before he eventually decides to call it a day.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...