Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Inspirational at times today. Should have scored like.

Harsh. He hit it off balance on the turn, tough ask.

From the slide, not from the shot.

Fair play, I'd have to see it again.

He doubtless didn't know it at the time but with the shot he actually had time to take a touch, turn and drill it at goal.  Not being harsh like cos I'd have done the same but just pointing it out.  Anyway he's superb and the way he's risen to the challenge of being NUFC captain is phenomenal.  Clearly means a lot to him.

He was by far our best defender, it's unreal how good he is at playing the ball out of defence.  He'll drop the odd bollock when he tries it in too tight a space but it’s worth the risk as it works more often than not and we retain possession.

So commonplace, that it's easy to overlook - but how much class does this guy have. My memorable two moments:

1. Adebayor beats him for pace, as expected, down the line - so he gets all Maldini on him, executes a beautiful hooked slide tacke, and then does him with a skill down the line.

2. Two on two, and I'm not even worried because Colo is up against Kyle Walker. As expected, he completely embarrasses Walker.

#Colocinnnnnnnni.... :smitten:

1 is so fucking good. I wasn't even worried when it was Ade vs Colo, thought for a split second that it was weird how Ade seemed to have beaten him only for him to execute a perfect tackle and then show him how you get past a player as well.

Excellent all game today, if he would have scored the winner at the end there a 10/10 would have been harsh.