Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Really annoys me that we extended his deal and made him captain.

Shite partner for Mbemba and with our lack of height in CM we really could do with real size in defence.

Should have let him follow his buttbuddy to Palace and inflict his moribund career on them instead.

Shite partner for Mbemba and with our lack of height in CM we really could do with real size in defence.

Should have let him follow his buttbuddy to Palace and inflict his moribund career on them instead.

this is what i can't let go, how badly has mclaren fucked up here? :lol:  he'd not even seen colo play for him and goes and does this, i could understand letting him run his contract down, maybe, if there was no interest from palace but in extending and making him captain he's more or less sealed one CB spot for 2 years fitness permitting and he's sealed it with someone who is no longer capable at this level

again i'll repeat, i'm sure this decision has nothing to do with the fact he's on the board and knows they won't spend big on the defender(s) he wants without getting rid of the likes of williamson and colo, which would appear to be impossible if we attach any value to them

Bang on. Another year wouldn't be so bad if he was to be third choice, but first choice and captain is a big mistake.

Yes, please drop this cun# now! He is costing us a goal a game at the moment and is carrying over his bad momentum from last year. We desperately need some height in defence and heading skills, Stevie T has this and I think I can put up with his fisty pumps and the rest more than i can a melancholic Colo!

I cant stand the look of his long, sad face any more. Fucking fuck off! Why do we extend the contract of an aging, depressed, badly declining player who does not want to even be here? Just another disgraceful decision by the club.

For McLaren; this will make his job much, much harder. We are now stuck With a useless shit of a CB for the next two seasons. No way we will invest any time soon, unless we are in danger of relegation. McLaren really shot himself in the foot here. The whole thing is sickening really.

Mbemba has been by far our best defender and he had no PL experience, means fuck all tbh. We just need someone who is actually good with CL experience and we'll be fine. Also i'd rather invest in someone who will be quality in 5 years time instead of overpaying for some scrub just because he's played in England who we'd need to replace when we realize he's crap.

Classic short term knee jerk reaction, rather than actual long term planning which has plagued the club for god knows how long.

Possession isn't going to make a teams defensive organisation or individuals any better.

Our 2 biggest defeats last year. Was it Leicester & Soton? Wasn't the result of incessant pressure. Just woeful, woeful, defending from the team.

and how was our attacking play, ball retention, passing through midfield, getting behind their defence to worry them etc. in those games oh wise one? 

why are you making out like it's not all linked? :lol:

of i course i agree that we're littered with examples of rank bad defending and s*** defenders who were badly organised, but why can't you just accept that an improved possession and passing game with real attacking intent might relieve the pressure on a defence through them not having to defend their box incessantly every f***ing game?

Just digging this up. We've been better with possession and passing than under Pardew. Still can't defend a lick as a team or individually and hence... we suck at defending point blank.

Honestly, I think I'm ready for Taylor to get his chance alongside Mbemba.

Taylor cares more than Colo does and will at least try and give a physical challenge. Not to mention being far better in the air. Mbemba should also hopefully hide or make up for some of his flaws.

Colo is really pissing me off.

Honestly, I think I'm ready for Taylor to get his chance alongside Mbemba.

Taylor cares more than Colo does and will at least try and give a physical challenge. Not to mention being far better in the air. Mbemba should also hopefully hide or make up for some of his flaws.

Colo is really pissing me off.

Taylor's not the answer either, but it would be interesting to see if it would make us any better defending in the air. So far just about the whole back four have been responsible for conceding goals to headers and we are only two games in.

The abuse for Colo on here is way OTT! Blame the club for offering him a new two year deal and not him for signing it if you think that he’s finished!

I know he’s been on the decline but have people forgotten that he was injured during the summer and didn’t play one minute of our friendlies?!

Also, which of the four goals has he been to blame for?! He was marking Gomis for Swansea’s 2nd and had to move across because nobody went with Ayew who had a total free run!

The abuse for Colo on here is way OTT! Blame the club for offering him a new two year deal and not him for signing it if you think that he’s finished!

I know he’s been on the decline but have people forgotten that he was injured during the summer and didn’t play one minute of our friendlies?!

Also, which of the four goals has he been to blame for?! He was marking Gomis for Swansea’s 2nd and had to move across because nobody went with Ayew who had a total free run!

You're the anti-Ronaldo. :lol:

You're the anti-Ronaldo. :lol:

Ha ha ha  :lol:

More proof that we have been literally chucking cup matches!

When asked what his own personal cup stance was this season and whether he wanted to play in the competitions, he replied: “Yes.

“I think this season at Newcastle what we have going to our credit is that every game is going to be important.

“Whether it’s cup games of Premier League, every game is going to be massive for us.”

I never thought we would sign two CBs, we have too many on the books as it is. Obviously that shouldn't be the main consideration, but it will be.

Sadly yes. Problem of course is that three of them are varying degrees of shit (Williamson..grade A top class shit, Taylor thick as shit and Colo past his best and slow as shit).

The rest are unproven, too inexperienced and maybe even not gonna be good enough in the long run anyway.

I was expecting way more of Lascelles, he's one big unit.

We are gonna have to score shed loads in any rate this season.