Gary Speed (1969–2011)

Dokko

It still feels really odd that he is no longer here. 

I walked past the Barclays bank in Whitley Bay last weekend and noticed they thave a big picture of him in his bolton kit.  Just seemed really sad that he is no longer with us.  :sad:

was my favorite Newcastle player when i 1st began to follow & support NUFC.  i always had him pegged & i looked forward to him being the manager here...  so sad.  what might've been.  RIP, Gary--gone but never forgotten.

was my favorite Newcastle player when i 1st began to follow & support NUFC.  i always had him pegged & i looked forward to him being the manager here...  so sad.  what might've been.  RIP, Gary--gone but never forgotten.

Same, but instead we are stuck with Pardew.  :(

Can't believe its been two years, RIP Speedo. :(

Did we ever find out why he took his own life, I don't recall anything ever coming out about the reasoning, I'm sure it must have, I probably just missed it.

Did we ever find out why he took his own life, I don't recall anything ever coming out about the reasoning, I'm sure it must have, I probably just missed it.

I think the inquest said they didn't know why...of course his family are entitled to their privacy though so quite whether they learnt stuff they never released is anyone's guess.

Same, but instead we are stuck with Pardew.  :(

Jesus Christ man.