Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

They way he played those 35 first-half minutes yesterday were maybe the best I've seen an attacking player have here for quite some time.

Seriously, he looked better than freaking Arjen Robben for those 35 minutes.

that's who he reminded me of. robben could be off in the summer, I wouldn't be one bit surprised if the Bayern hierarchy short-list him.

Doubt it, given they've signed Shaqiri.

They way he played those 35 first-half minutes yesterday were maybe the best I've seen an attacking player have here for quite some time.

that's who he reminded me of. robben could be off in the summer, I wouldn't be one bit surprised if the Bayern hierarchy short-list him.

He's a central midfielder, isn't he?

He's a central midfielder, isn't he?

Can play Centrally, off the main striker or on either flank.

Everything we did well came through Ben Arfa, he set us up and he destroyed WBA, I don't find him frustrating at all and I can't wait to see him on Sunday because he has the potential to put Liverpool to the sword.  He can do things that no other player at this club could even dream about doing and for that reason he can try anything he wants because when it works he’s devastating to the opposition.

He was almost given, or took a free role on Sunday and West Brom just couldn’t handle him and few teams could have handled him because of his control, movement, change of pace, great centre of balance and his reading of the game.

He’s a massive talent and he’s ours, he might be a nut job but so are we as a club.  Ben Arfa is the most exciting player we’ve had for years and to cap it off, it was his decision to come here when he turned up at the airport to force a deal through.  He could genuinely become a legend here and people could be talking about him for years and years.

De jong is an utter utter bastard for what he did, both to him and us because we've both been robbed of over a year of his career.

I hope he finally enjoys being here.  The last 2 years must be a nightmare for him.

I think he's always liked being here, he is clearly very impressed with the club and the fans.  He's eager to do what he's currently doing - showing us how fucking brilliant he is.

The injury was just one of those very unfortunate things and even when Pardew was being a goat and not playing him he didn't sulk and by all accounts just knuckled down and stepped up his work in training, probably because he thinks he owes us something for being out so long.  Our french contingent would help a lot aswell and will have made him feel more settled.

just looked again at his goal against west brom... its pure brilliant.. the way he trick olson to make blocking before he shot but actually he just jink the ball a bit further to shoot... so olson leg was already in dead position to move his feet to make 2nd block.. was just wow... only player with great football brain can do that.

Everything we did well came through Ben Arfa, he set us up and he destroyed WBA, I don't find him frustrating at all and I can't wait to see him on Sunday because he has the potential to put Liverpool to the sword.  He can do things that no other player at this club could even dream about doing and for that reason he can try anything he wants because when it works he’s devastating to the opposition.

He was almost given, or took a free role on Sunday and West Brom just couldn’t handle him and few teams could have handled him because of his control, movement, change of pace, great centre of balance and his reading of the game.

He’s a massive talent and he’s ours, he might be a nut job but so are we as a club.  Ben Arfa is the most exciting player we’ve had for years and to cap it off, it was his decision to come here when he turned up at the airport to force a deal through.  He could genuinely become a legend here and people could be talking about him for years and years.

De jong is an utter utter bastard for what he did, both to him and us because we've both been robbed of over a year of his career.

Top post, particularly the bolded bit, De Jong's a fucking cunt, that tackle was meant to hurt Hatem.

De jong is an utter utter b****** for what he did, both to him and us because we've both been robbed of over a year of his career.

whilst i agree with all that i have to say that he was granted the space in which to work through the movement of the entire attacking side to our game (cabaye and guthrie included). also lets see if he can add consistency to his game, will sundays ben arfa turn up at the weekend or the norwich one ?

Papiss Cisse hails French magician Hatem Ben Arfa

by Stuart Rayner, The JournalMar 27 2012Comments (2) Recommend

HAVING compared Hatem Ben Arfa to Lionel Messi, Papiss Cissé thinks the Frenchman can make his Champions League “dream” come true.

Cissé scored twice in Sunday’s 3-1 win over West Bromwich Albion – taking his tally to five in six Newcastle United games – but it was the playmaker who caught the eye.

Ben Arfa created both Cissé’s first-half goals and scored one himself in an outstanding individual display. It prompted the Senegal striker to support manager Alan Pardew’s view that Ben Arfa should go to this summer’s European Championships.

“Sometimes with the ball at his feet, he is like Lionel Messi,” said Cissé, whose weekend goals were his first away from St James’ Park for the club. “The ball really sticks to his feet. I really like that kind of player.

“He has a great range of skills. He is the kind of player who can make the difference and that is really good for us. He is really good to play with. Ben Arfa is a great player. On Sunday he played his match and that is why we went home with three points.”

After the game Pardew reiterated his belief that France coach Laurent Blanc should consider taking Ben Arfa to Poland and Ukraine this summer.

His reputation somewhat tainted by a series of controversies during a Ligue 1 career with Lyon and Marseille, the last of Ben Arfa’s eight caps came against Norway weeks before joining Newcastle in August 2010.

Like Pardew, Cissé thinks that ought to change. “I am certain Hatem is capable of going to the Euros because he is really talented,” he said. “He is showing it every weekend.

“He did it at Arsenal and again on Sunday. Now he has shown he is great player. If I were in the coach’s place, I would take him.”

Ben Arfa has had an inconsistent season, but is starting to show signs he is coming to grips with his right-wing role, hence the comparisons with the world’s best player. France’s first game in Euro 2012 is against England in Donetsk on June 11.

Pardew believes Newcastle’s defeat at Arsenal ended their hopes of finishing in the top four, and with Fabricio Coloccini set to miss the next two to three weeks with a hamstring injury, closing the gap has become more difficult, even with Cheick Tioté and Ryan Taylor expected to return.

With only five points separating them from a Tottenham Hotspur on the slide since Harry Redknapp emerged as favourite to manage England at Euro 2012, Cissé has not given up hope.

“My dream is to play in the Champions League,” he said. “Right now we are on the right path to do that. We have to continue like this, keep picking up victories.

“We have got Liverpool at home at the weekend. It won’t be an easy match but we are going to do everything we can to win it.”

With eight games of the season left, Newcastle are eight points ahead of seventh-placed Liverpool, and level on points with Chelsea, who are fifth. The Blues are at Aston Villa on Saturday, the Magpies host Liverpool on Sunday.

The team finishing fifth in the Premier League is guaranteed a Europa League slot. Finish sixth, and Newcastle will be relying on Liverpool to reach the FA Cup final to qualify. Newcastle’s chances have been reinvigorated by the mid-season arrival of Cissé, who has had an instant impact on English football.

“That is five goals now and I hope to score even more,” he reflected.

“I always pray to God to give me the strength to be good on the pitch and do what I have to do.

“We wanted the three points (on Sunday). The whole team played well and gave the attackers the chances to score a lot of goals.”

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2012/03/27/papiss-cisse-hails-french-magician-hatem-ben-arfa-61634-30630544/#ixzz1qJ3DM65h

De jong is an utter utter b****** for what he did, both to him and us because we've both been robbed of over a year of his career.

whilst i agree with all that i have to say that he was granted the space in which to work through the movement of the entire attacking side to our game (cabaye and guthrie included). also lets see if he can add consistency to his game, will sundays ben arfa turn up at the weekend or the norwich one ?

Yip, let's see if he can maintain it week in week out before we get too carried away.

I was half expecting this sentence to end like this:

“We have got Liverpool at home at the weekend. It won’t be an easy match but we are going to do everything we can to win it, and to be honest I'll probably score at least two.”

There will always be more space for players like Ben Arfa away from home. It makes me wonder if it's such a good idea to push on against Liverpool with a weakened defence or maybe it would be better to sit back and break on them like we did so successfully at West Brom. It might not be popular at home but it's liverpool and despite recent results they are still a quality side.

Guest firetotheworks

Oh man. Don't compare him to Messi man. Don't compare anyone to Messi. It was bad enough when Sky did it with Bale. Ben Arfa is mint and played brilliantly yesterday. Leave it at that.

Oh man. Don't compare him to Messi man. Don't compare anyone to Messi. It was bad enough when Sky did it with Bale. Ben Arfa is mint and played brilliantly yesterday. Leave it at that.

Fucking right. Utter cretins, lot of you. He's either the reincarnation of Maradona or don't embarrass the great man with any label.

Guest hatem garrincha

also lets see if he can add consistency to his game, will sundays ben arfa turn up at the weekend or the norwich one ?

That's the question really and that's why he's not Messi who is decisive week in, week out against teams like Grenada but also against Real Madrid...

Liverpool is a big test for him.

I also find him more nervous at St James than away.

It'll be interesting to here the opinion of some of the knackers at the match around me that were groaning every time he came on and had bought into Pardew's quotes in the press about him not working hard enough etc.

It'll be interesting to here the opinion of some of the knackers at the match around me that were groaning every time he came on and had bought into Pardew's quotes in the press about him not working hard enough etc.

I wanted to deck my Arsenal fan mate who joined me at the derby. Sat there whinging on about Ben Arfa would never get into his team. That might be my opening topic next time we meet up for a drink and have a football chat.