NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

He looks like he's 14 and is in some crappy boy band.

How's he going to be able to play on a Saturday afternoon when he has to be on the Xfactor on the night time?

Mainly as he is actually a footballer and not an X Factor hopeful i would guess

I think Curtis Good can be 4th choice next season, he's debuted for Australia and has been magnificent for Dundee Utd (I know much lower level). I'll be interested to watch him against Spain, Holland and Chile in the World Cup.

Ideally we need a young keeper, a fullback, a centre back, a creative midfielder, a winger and 2 strikers.

How come Topor-Stanley never gets a look in for Oz?

Because hes immaculate for 4 out of 5 games and then has a mare. Not a fashionable player either. Trent Sainsbury and Curtis Good will be the long term centre-half pairing for Oz.

Ukranian clubs have been terminating their foreign players contracts so they can leave the country.  Maybe we could pick a few of them up on frees.

They can have Pardew, Shola and Cisse in exchange for free.

Ukranian clubs have been terminating their foreign players contracts so they can leave the country.  Maybe we could pick a few of them up on frees.

AShley would fucking love that.

Probably a load of crap but if there is any truth in it could this mean they're already planning for Debuchy being on his way at the end of the season ?

http://justarsenal.com/why-arsenal-and-jenkinson-should-say-yes-to-newcastle/31232

A different piece of Arsenal transfer news today as the Evening Standard are reporting that Newcastle United are interested in loaning Carl Jenkinson for the entirety of next season. This is great news for Jenkinson in my opinion as his development has definitely stalled with Sagna having a strong season and at his age, game time is vital for his development.

Jenkinson joined from Charlton for around £1 million in 2011 and he really staked his claim to a place in the Arsenal team when he was forced into the right back spot because of injury to Sagna at the beginning of the 2012/2013 season. He had some great games against the likes of Liverpool, Manchester City and so on. He even went on to have a very good game against Bayern Munich at the Allianz where we won 2-0.

This season however, Jenkinson has definitely struggled to make his mark when he has started. He often seems clumsy now and lacks any real technique to his game. It has definitely been a step down from his performances last season. However, is this drop in performance because of his overall lack of ability or because he’s young? I personally think it’s a bit of both.

A loan to Newcastle would be massive for his career. Being in a Premier league team where you will most definitely get more game time than you do at Arsenal will be very important to his development. Hopefully he’ll impress Pardew in this hypothetical loan and will become a starter at Newcastle. That in itself would be a great feat for him at such a young age and would aid his development.

There is no doubt the young Englishman has stalled but he still has potential and hopefully he’ll have the option of going on loan to another Premier league club this summer so he can continue his development. Even if Sagna does leave, it is likely that Wenger will enter the transfer market for a more experienced and reliable player, so Jenkinson may have to accept that a move is the best thing for his long term future at Arsenal

If they know Debuchy is going to leave then why are they not looking to sign a right back rather than plan for a loan.  There is plenty of time and we should be looking ar right backs anyway as we need cover in that position.  If Jenkinson was to come on loan then it would surely be as first choice as I can't see Wenger agreeing to loan us a player without guarantees about him playing a significant amount of games.

I wouldn't get too disheartened, the whole Jenkinson part of the article was -

Jenkinson is believed to be a target for Newcastle, who would be keen to take the 22-year-old to St James’ Park on a season-long loan deal.

Seems like the standard guff you get in press speculation just to add a few words to the article. Wouldn't burn your Debuchy shirt just yet.

Amazing logic in that article like.  Jenkinson doesn't get much time in Arsenal's side because Sanga keeps him out.  But obviously he'll get loads more time in Newcastles side, despite Debuchy being ahead of Sanga in the French national team ???

Guest reefatoon

I think we will use the loan system to its full capacity next season

Exactly. It's been a success for us this season with Remy. They will go down this road much more now.