mackems vs Newcastle United - Sunday 27th October @ 1.30pm (live on Sky)

Skirge
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Joe Montana has us winning because of Brown Ale. That's basically the only thing people talk about when I mention I support Newcastle.

and when you mention Sunderland?

Don't think I mention them too often, but when I do I just get a blank stare back. Saw someone comment on a US sports website the other day saying they support/follow any team with an American "except Sunderland, obviously." Laughed at that, even the neutrals hate them.

Joe Montana has us winning because of Brown Ale. That's basically the only thing people talk about when I mention I support Newcastle.

and when you mention Sunderland?

Don't think I mention them too often, but when I do I just get a blank stare back. Saw someone comment on a US sports website the other day saying they support/follow any team with an American "except Sunderland, obviously." Laughed at that, even the neutrals hate them.

magedia tbh  :lol:

Sunderland is such a shitty club though, in pretty much all aspects. Never met anyone who had anything good to say about them. (This being non-Newcastle fans, of course. Otherwise it'd be a moot point to make. :lol:)

I've always regarded them as genuinely just an insignificant club. Their purpose seems to be float around not doing much and then when they get bored of that, get relegated.

There's very, very little appeal to Sunderland as a whole and I have no idea how they're actually going to overcome that, because that is the main barrier preventing any sort of progress.

Whilst in Germany for my mates stag, on the way back from a Leverkusen game, some local lads didn't even know who or what 5under1and was. I had to explain that they were our rivals.

Their reply in a German accent "They must be shit, I've never heard of them."

No bullshit.

Sunderland is such a shitty club though, in pretty much all aspects. Never met anyone who had anything good to say about them. (This being non-Newcastle fans, of course. Otherwise it'd be a moot point to make. :lol:)

I've always regarded them as genuinely just an insignificant club. Their purpose seems to be float around not doing much and then when they get bored of that, get relegated.

There's very, very little appeal to Sunderland as a whole and I have no idea how they're actually going to overcome that, because that is the main barrier preventing any sort of progress.

How are they supposed to attract new fans when the current ones look like this

http://i.imgur.com/uvc3udo.gif

(I just wanted to use that gif)

Sunderland should be doing better than they are considering the investment made in them, for some reason ellis short gets a fair bit of praise for being shrewd in the media at times when really with money spent they should have had loads better squads than they have, and I dare say their attendance would be a lot less embarassing if the fans were served up some actual quality football once in a while. We're very lucky to have them as our main rivals.

Shit club is shit. Even if I am offending anyone with that, why would I give a shit? I think Sunderland are a garbage club. Some might think we're not very good. Cool. I don't agree, but that's their prerogative.

Football, ey.

I don't really think Newcastle or Everton fans, or fans of most other clubs in the league, will come off well criticising other clubs for their 'purpose' or significance.

http://media.tumblr.com/3c74c227e8672453eb919af6a322f865/tumblr_inline_mv29ke2mzr1s5ytbh.gif

s*** club is s***. Even if I am offending anyone with that, why would I give a s***? I think Sunderland are a garbage club. Some might think we're not very good. Cool. I don't agree, but that's their prerogative.

Football, ey.

Well said. They're toilet.