Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

The club know he's only got a year left so this us their last realistic chance to move him on for a fee. He's obviously well out of favour (for whatever reason) but leaving him to rot for the final year serves no purpose whatsoever. Had he been given a squad number/place and a few run-outs then maybe a few clubs would have noticed and made a move? But no, completely ostracised and no one benefits.

The way the club have handled the whole situation is appalling. Spiteful, dopey cunts.

I find it strange that nobody has been linked with Barfa even on loan

His reputation isn't exactly great (tendency to fall out with managers etc) but it is very strange nobody would think they are the manager to get the best out of him, maybe its wage demands, maybe its the fee the club is asking (though not if you believe reports of trying to sell him), maybe its the clubs going in for him hba doesn't want to go to (I find it highly unlikely if a club in europe in one of the better european leagues tried for him that he'd still be here).

Whatever the reason its bad for all parties and in the best interests of all that he move on, he's not going to be given another chance here (and imho that won't change regardless of if pardew is sacked or not) and surely he doesn't want to waste a year when he could be playing elsewhere.

i think it is not a question that he falls out with Pardew (whatever rightly or wrongly).  the question is, is HBA falls out with the rest of the squad as well?

There's no evidence of any wrong doing on Ben Arfas part. Until I see some, why should I believe rumours and gossip? Because Pardew has frozen him out of the first team? That doesnt cut it for me, especially when you consider Pardews past behaviour is far worse and that is based on evidence.

Do I think Ben Arfa is hard work? Probably. Is he a saint? Almost certainly not. But Pardew is the manager, its his job to get the best out of our players, or at the very least, explain his reasons for dropping him.

He doesn't have to slag him off in public. Just a simple "His attitude isnt great", will do.

Just a needless mess the whole situation and it's one thing for a player to behave poorly, which I'm sure he has but for a supposedly elite, professional organisation like nufc to act in this petty manner is further evidence of this clubs disgusting decline and lack of standards. A situation in which Alan ducking pardew has moral high ground is laughable.

Surely in the prospect of the new season, any sane,  professional manager would give all his squad a clean slate and allow the individuals the opportunity to shine?

Surely in the prospect of the new season, any sane,  professional manager would give all his squad a clean slate and allow the individuals the opportunity to shine?

Aye, what's your point?

:pardsbeard:

Guest bimpy474

Way too much common sense you posted there mate.

Any sane, professional manager would.

I would be sickened to be honest. Im still hanging on to the tiny hope that pardew might get the chop.

Be interesting to see if he turns down milan

He wont turn down Milan if its serious. Pretty sure he wont be here at the end of the window regardless.

I hope its a big club because some smug scouse twat on my course is convinced that no decent club will be after him. He just doesnt rate him at all.

I'd love to wipe that smugness off his face! Foreign + big club..... AC Milan would be ideal.

I'm fuming my favourite player out of this current squad is getting jettisoned just because Pardew doesn't like his perceived failure to track back.

....and don't give me any of this 'overweight' horsesh*t that some seem to have fallen for hook, line and sinker.

I hope its a big club because some smug scouse t*** on my course is convinced that no decent club will be after him. He just doesnt rate him at all.

I'd love to wipe that smugness off his face! Foreign + big club..... AC Milan would be ideal.

I bet he also thinks Liverpool will win the league this year :lol: