C*CK P*SS P*RDEW

themanupstairs

Pardew and the players in their statement only refer to the break of curfew, has this just been blown out of proportion? Especially as no arrests were made, I’d imagine they would have been if they did actually steal the taxi. Although my Spanish law/policing knowledge isn’t great.

They were questioned by police, so it’s more than getting drunk and breaking a curfew. WBA and the players will naturally want to downplay whatever happened. If the taxi part of the story is true then they deserve sacking, but WBA are not in a position to do that, plus with them being senior players they are of significant financial value to the club and they will want to protect that value as much as possible until they can atleast cash in.

Sacking? Fuck off, man.  :lol:

Pardew and the players in their statement only refer to the break of curfew, has this just been blown out of proportion? Especially as no arrests were made, I’d imagine they would have been if they did actually steal the taxi. Although my Spanish law/policing knowledge isn’t great.

They were questioned by police, so it’s more than getting drunk and breaking a curfew. WBA and the players will naturally want to downplay whatever happened. If the taxi part of the story is true then they deserve sacking, but WBA are not in a position to do that, plus with them being senior players they are of significant financial value to the club and they will want to protect that value as much as possible until they can atleast cash in.

I was questioned by police after an assault in York city centre 3 years ago, but I wasn’t involved in it at all. Questioning means nothing, if they stole a taxi there would be huge amounts of evidence and more than enough grounds for arrest (at least in this country).

West Brom's Evans, Barry, Livermore and Myhill apologise for taxi incident

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43092534

Mentioned in almost every Media source - it happened.

“it is alleged”

Maybe they did take a taxi, but the Spanish Police don’t seem too arsed by it, so it probably has been totally blown out of proportion from the grand theft auto initially reported.

Maybe VI can provide a bit more clarity.

I was questioned by police after an assault in York city centre 3 years ago, but I wasn’t involved in it at all. Questioning means nothing, if they stole a taxi there would be huge amounts of evidence and more than enough grounds for arrest (at least in this country).

Point is that you don’t get questioned by police for being drunk and breaking a curfew, something more obviously happened, even if they wern’t responsible.

You think it’s not grounds for sacking? I have said why it wouldn’t happen, doesn’t mean that it shouldn’t?

Fuck West Brom, I hope their club goes into liquidation for this snippet from their forum...

The modern football fan has no patience. Our strike force of Rondon, J-Rod and Kanu are incapable of scoring goals, doesn't matter if Pardew is in charge or Alex Ferguson.

You think it’s not grounds for sacking? I have said why it wouldn’t happen, doesn’t mean that it shouldn’t?

Course not.  :lol:

It's massively unprofessional, and they'll be in for some hefty fines, some dropped, some even moved on in the summer, but outright sacking is ludicrous unless someone was hurt.

It's massively unprofessional, and they'll be in for some hefty fines, some dropped, some even moved on in the summer, but outright sacking is ludicrous unless someone was hurt.

So I don’t get why you took exception to my comment even though I said pretty much what you have said as to why it wouldn’t happen at this level of football.

So I don’t get why you took exception to my comment even though I said pretty much what you have said as to why it wouldn’t happen at this level of football.

No you said they deserved to be sacked. Course they shouldn't. That's reserved for sparking out a ref, fiddling kids or being Jack Colback.

No you said they deserved to be sacked. Course they shouldn't. That's reserved for sparking out a ref, fiddling kids or being Jack Colback.

So stealing a taxi during a work trip isn’t grounds for sacking? Of course it is, just it’s not going to happen at this level of football because the players are worth too much to the club.

Still need more details obviously but on the face of it it's not exactly crime of the century like. Nicking a taxi to get you back to a hotel is ridiculous but hardly worthy of more than a severe bollocking. What's a bit more sinister is the fact that it's being driven about by someone who, I'm assuming, has  had a bit to drink. I've presumed that obviously but I don't think I'm going out on too much of a limb in saying that. That cranks it up a bit from just banter. I could be totally wrong like.

Still need more details obviously but on the face of it it's not exactly crime of the century like. Nicking a taxi to get you back to a hotel is ridiculous but hardly worthy of more than a severe bollocking. What's a bit more sinister is the fact that it's being driven about by someone who, I'm assuming, has  had a bit to drink. I've presumed that obviously but I don't think I'm going out on too much of a limb in saying that. That cranks it up a bit from just banter. I could be totally wrong like.

Yeah that's what I've been thinking since news came out. Surprised it hasn't been picked up on more from what I've heard/read about it all.

Night out, and stealing a taxi, there's got to be alcohol involved for anyone to think that's a sensible decision.

Clearly fucking idiots either way, surprised to hear that Barry and Evans are involved. They've been around far too long to be getting caught up in antics like this, and have always seemed decent enough pros. Wonders what a couple of months under Pardew will do to a man.