Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's our transfer war chest going to be?

War chest ffs :lol: been a while since I heard that.

:lol: It's the worst. For some reason I dislike the term "transfer kitty" as well.

dunno I like the war chest term, kitty makes it sound small

Part of me thinks we really don't need much of a budget - keep most of the current squad together and bring in a striker and we should win the league.

Problem is with this squad, they perform at home to the big boys, but don't turn up against the lesser names. The championship doesn't have any big boys and is full of lesser names.

It's not really a problem since Rafa will drop players if they don't perform. Taylor got dropped for Lascelles in a heartbeat after the Norwich debacle. Perez, Mitro, Wijnaldum, Cisse, De Jong....some massive names have been left kicking their heels on the bench. That's how we ended up 6 games unbeaten including three teams who were fighting for the title at some point in the season.

How long before the press link us to Sergi Canós? Wants out of Liverpool, can't agree a contract. Very highly rated 19 year old Spanish (Right) winger and lifetime Valencia fan. Wants a move to London but could see Benitez changing his mind being thrown out in the rags. We could also do with another natural right winger.

Part of me thinks we really don't need much of a budget - keep most of the current squad together and bring in a striker and we should win the league.

Problem is with this squad, they perform at home to the big boys, but don't turn up against the lesser names. The championship doesn't have any big boys and is full of lesser names.

It's not really a problem since Rafa will drop players if they don't perform. Taylor got dropped for Lascelles in a heartbeat after the Norwich debacle. Perez, Mitro, Wijnaldum, Cisse, De Jong....some massive names have been left kicking their heels on the bench. That's how we ended up 6 games unbeaten including three teams who were fighting for the title at some point in the season.

Also they should get regular confidence boosts from battering the really shit teams.

Wonder what will happen with Cabella and Thauvin, still just on loan with no sale agreed AFAIK.  Also is Coloccini now here till 2018 with his contract extension?, because I'd like to get rid and replace him with a younger player with potential to improve.

So did I, just when I was looking around a few places still have him as our player on loan (NUFC.com for instance).  Obviously not definitive and maybe just hasn't officially gone through yet, just wondering.

http://www.themag.co.uk/2016/05/marseille-stuck-remy-cabella-sending-florian-thauvin-back-newcastle-united/

So apparently they haven't bought Cabella yet but are obligated to do so in the near future.  Also interesting to read that Thauvin has been the one actually getting in the side and scoring while Cabella has been on the bench lately, but Cabella is the one they'll end up due to the clause.

I think Cabellas clause is he could be automatically be their player if the player has played for a number of matches, at an agreed price, which Newcastle could not reject.  However, this can be rescinded if both clubs would opt to ignore the clause i.e. Marseille would not want to get Cabrlla which we want him back. hence why he is not yet officially transferred out.  Very likely it is pending on Marseilles final decision.

I've no doubt Marseille won't want him as he hasn't been starting for them recently.  But I seriously doubt we'll want him back either so looks like he's gone.  Also while Thauvin has been in their side and doing well they can't afford him and he hasn't met any agreed number of games so he'll be coming back.

Yea i think Marseille would love to have Thauvin instead of Cabella.  For our side probably Rafa hasnt made up his mind yet.  To be honest Townsend and Thauvin as our wingers in Championship are more than enough.

I think Cabellas clause is he could be automatically be their player if the player has played for a number of matches, at an agreed price, which Newcastle could not reject.  However, this can be rescinded if both clubs would opt to ignore the clause i.e. Marseille would not want to get Cabrlla which we want him back. hence why he is not yet officially transferred out.  Very likely it is pending on Marseilles final decision.

And no doubt we'll charge them to rescind the obligation- 6m to keep him, 3m to send him back.

BBC Podcast had Rafa linked to Agger and Raina, both easy assumptions but not that unlikely. Raina might not be the best goalkeeper in the world but his passing out from the back is as good as anyone's.

BBC Podcast had Rafa linked to Agger and Raina, both easy assumptions but not that unlikely. Raina might not be the best goalkeeper in the world but his passing out from the back is as good as anyone's.

You do know he's just helped Napoli finish second in Serie A, yeah?

You do know he's just helped Napoli finish second in Serie A, yeah?

Need Reina to stay in the game, same pronunciation phonetically as my own surname so useful on FIFA :lol: