Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

Just back in , a night that I will never forget , you boys and girls made me so proud tonight , I was utterly bursting with pride .

Incredible , no words …..just hoy up the link for a donation please 

it looked infuckingcredible

Unbelievable display and at times as loud as ave ever heard the ground

Only dampner was seeing some melon giving a kid about 12 grief for "nicking" the flag ffs

When they meant don't take the flags am sure they didn't mean the placca ones for a one off display.  The youngin probably just wanted to show his pals at school tomorra.

Hello. Hiya. There's two points I'd like to make about Wor Flags. They started at Newcastle United, you know, quite a few years ago. And I didn't realise how good they were.

Oh God. They enhanced so many games.

I’m in the Leazes. Used to have a great view of the displays in the Gallowgate and think ‘wow, that’s class’.

Since you’ve expanded and all stands have become part of it it’s harder to fully gauge what it looks like when you’re actually part of it, so you find yourself walking out after the game going straight on Twitter or wherever to see what it looked like. Tonight I had it up on my phone walking out, must have showed five random people and everyone was like ‘that’s fucking incredible’. 

One question to @Heron - who’s the clever fucker that works out which coloured flags need to go in which seats 😂

15 minutes ago, SteV said:

I’m in the Leazes. Used to have a great view of the displays in the Gallowgate and think ‘wow, that’s class’.

Since you’ve expanded and all stands have become part of it it’s harder to fully gauge what it looks like when you’re actually part of it, so you find yourself walking out after the game going straight on Twitter or wherever to see what it looked like. Tonight I had it up on my phone walking out, must have showed five random people and everyone was like ‘that’s fucking incredible’. 

One question to @Heron - who’s the clever fucker that works out which coloured flags need to go in which seats 😂

The credit must go to one of the lads (Andrew) who developed a whole stadium plan on Excel. It's not perfect but it's 80% and enough to gauge. Absolute hero. 

3 hours ago, Heron said:

The credit must go to one of the lads (Andrew) who developed a whole stadium plan on Excel. It's not perfect but it's 80% and enough to gauge. Absolute hero. 

I don't work on Office (I work on the Windows kernel), but I'd love to try and get them to reach out if that is ok. Incredible unexpected usage of Excel.

Stunning work everyone.

Edited by Teslact

Can’t be many grounds or fanbases who can produce something like that for effectively a meaningless game, but provide the backdrop and setting for a performance like that. Similar to when we cost Spurs second place when we were already relegated. If that was the majority of clubs and grounds it’d be an easy away win.

Great job all involved 👏 

Other fans on Twatter were moaning about the plastic flags and how we’d sold out to our Saudi overlords to wave them (I pointed out to a few that it was fan funded). 

23 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

Great job all involved 👏 

Other fans on Twatter were moaning about the plastic flags and how we’d sold out to our Saudi overlords to wave them (I pointed out to a few that it was fan funded). 

To translate 

I wish it was us 

Guest HTT II

These lot man :love::smitten::clap:

Bit too mackem like behaviour for me mind!

Seriously, they have literally been the best thing about our cub for me since Sir Bobby!

Imagine walking out on a match day now at SJP man!

Edited by HTT II

One thing that doesn’t get mentioned as often is the effort also put into the tone of these things; history, fan made designs openly coopted, positive messages, social conscience. There’s no slagging off others or any puerile anti Sunderland/other teams - because there must be appetite for it. That’s before you consider the sheer logistics of it all. Incredibly well done and enjoy a well earned and smug rest.