Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Agree the PL is better than La Liga right now but Arsenal are absolutely not at a much higher level than Barcelona :lol: Barca have 3 of the best young players in the world in their team and loads of other quality. They'll recover quickly 

On 18/02/2022 at 07:55, Froggy said:

Only seeing this. Absolutely not what the issue is.

- The Glazers bought the club with a loan, and then saddled the club with the debt from the loan.

- We have spent a lot on transfers, but all from the clubs revenue. The Glazers have invested £0 of their own money. 

- They don't back the club managers and rather make signings they think will be investments rather than provide success on the field. 

- They pay themselves huge dividends. They've taken 100's of millions out of the club for their own pocket.

- Stadium falling to pieces while dividends taken out every year.

Some examples:

- Pogba allowed to leave for free, only to be signed for a club record fee, and now allowed to leave for free again. 

- Herrera, a good player who absolutely loved the club, allowed to leave for free. He is the sort of player we're desperate for right now.

- Lingard, a player multiple teams wanted, going to be allowed to leave for free. We could have got £15-20m for him in the summer.

- We refused to sign Alderweireld for £40m for Mourinho, but spent £80m on Maguire.

- Money wasted on Phil Jones. I think we've paid him almost £20m for basically a handful of games.

- Alexis Sanchez. We paid a ton of his wages while he was at Inter.

Vast majority of all the transfer mistakes were down to Woodward, but he's a Glazer yes man. We are, or were, the most powerful club in the world in terms of revenue, fanbase and stature but the club has been run so bad for so long that we are lagging behind the top sides now.

Why would the owners of one of world’s richest clubs have to put their own money in?
Also, even if the club has paid its owners £100ms it still had enough to spunk a £billion net and still not be the level of competitiveness that outlay demands.

Every team buys a player or 2 that doesn’t work out. Can’t always be the players.

Must be the fans tbqph.

55 minutes ago, triggs said:

Agree the PL is better than La Liga right now but Arsenal are absolutely not at a much higher level than Barcelona :lol: Barca have 3 of the best young players in the world in their team and loads of other quality. They'll recover quickly 

was more meaning the level of the teams they were playing 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest neesy111
Just now, Ikon said:

Footballer being greedy again?

Nope, just wanting to be paid what he's worth.  If it was about being greedy, he'd be courting other clubs already.

4 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Nope, just wanting to be paid what he's worth.  If it was about being greedy, he'd be courting other clubs already.

So, how much does he want? How much is a footballer “worth”? I’m sure he would earn more than enough at Liverpool. If he genuinely wants to stay that is..

but I guess money is all that counts..

Edited by Ikon

Guest neesy111
52 minutes ago, Ikon said:

So, how much does he want? How much is a footballer “worth”? I’m sure he would earn more than enough at Liverpool. If he genuinely wants to stay that is..

At the same time, he's a world class superstar who is making millions for Liverpool through his goals etc.  

I'd rather footballers got most of the money in the game than it being shifted to owners via profits.

It’s not like I want the owners to have more money or that I care if they get fleeced. I’m more thinking along the lines if he loves the club and it’s fans and wants to stay then why ask for silly money. I’d guess he’s offered closer to 300k/week or thereabouts? Pure guess from my point of view. If he was offered say 150k then yeah obviously why would he sign it as it would be an insult to a degree. 

If money is all he cares about then yeah leave, but if he loves the club and wants to stay then don’t ask for silly money. I’m basing this on the criteria that he has been offered very very good money already.

1 hour ago, Ikon said:

Wants £400k apparently.

£400k pw is obviously a crazy amount of money, but Salah can look around the league and see Ronaldo on £500k, De Bruyne on £400k and think that he’s easily worth similar. Plus he’d make more if he left as a free agent. The issue is that £400k breaks Liverpools wage structure and they don’t want to set precedents.