Other clubs' transfers

Greg

The likes of Spurs, Bayern, Liverpool, City etc all making moves help us.

It starts the international flow of money. There's a knock on affect, with players from them clubs becoming available, allowing other clubs to make their moves and so on. 

We aren't competing with the CL teams this year, so let them take the lion share of transfers and get the ball rolling for others.

Hopefully somewhere along the line, one of the big money transfers across Europe helps us make our moves.

4 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Mind you it’s gonna be funny if Spurs have a few shaky results at the start of the season and Conte moans they haven’t backed him :lol:

He'll cement them as a regular top 4 team again sadly.

51 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

I can remember Charnley sat in the Strawberry telling home truths.... 

I'm not sure about the full background for this meeting but reading the comments 12 fans went to his house to sit on his drive and protest, he took them to the pub instead to talk about the issues and one of them filmed it without his knowledge or consent, I hate fans like these and that numpty at Newcastle that hangs around the training ground making youtube videos.

In this day and age, that he spouted off like that shows he’s absolutely naive. But eventually even the naive people will stop blabbering and nobody will ever speak any sort of truth or give their own opinion on anything that’s of any importance to anyone.

He didn’t say anything controversial but the owners might be a bit ticked off with him.

I don't blame players as they start to realise how much they can hold these clubs over a barrel. But the pool of players we're going to have to endure a 'will he/won't he move' saga for every season is only growing and it's already tiresome. 

1 hour ago, Ben said:

I'm not sure about the full background for this meeting but reading the comments 12 fans went to his house to sit on his drive and protest, he took them to the pub instead to talk about the issues and one of them filmed it without his knowledge or consent, I hate fans like these and that numpty at Newcastle that hangs around the training ground making youtube videos.

My understanding is they were all down his local having a bit of Dutch before  harassing him at home. He got wind of it and headed them off at the pass, as it were. 

Snidey af filming tho but

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

Haaland £130m release clause and wants move to Madrid in 2 seasons. 

Loyalty 1 on fm. 

Vini, Haaland and Mbappé at their prime together. 

7 minutes ago, St1pe said:

How is Sterling only £35m ? 

I guess making it pretty clear he'd likely move on at the end of his deal next summer takes most negotiating power away from Man City.