Other clubs' transfers

Greg

11 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Oh that makes more sense, I didn’t realize that you were criticizing other Milan fans for thinking that lower PL clubs pay more in wages, can outbid Milan etc. It is worth looking at the numbers though.

These are the Serie A wage bills from a year or two ago:

And these are the numbers for the Premier League:

Milan does have a lower bill than the top PL sides. And the difference as you go down Serie A is stark when compared to the PL. Clearly the TV deal is a huge factor.

I don't think those numbers are accurate for the Italian clubs, they don't look right for Milan, that much I will say.

Milan has drastically cut its salaries, by getting rid of many underperforming players--our wages used to be bloated. We pay our superstar LW Rafa Leao 1.5m, for example, instead of the 3m we used to pay Suso, for example. Leao (along with many others) is in line for a massive pay increase. 

The other major factor here is that Milan has taken full advantage of a new tax law that means that Milan pays tax only on 50% of a player's earnings. This is why our wage bill has dropped drastically, and why we can offer better wages after tax than other clubs outside of Italy.

So a player who makes 1m net costs us around 1.2m gross, versus approximately 2m in England or France (except Monaco, who have no tax). This cuts down on our costs, tremendously.

Leeds highest earner is on 3.5m gross, which is the sort of salary we used to pay squad players under Leonardo, before Maldini came to town. 

2 minutes ago, Milanista said:

I don't think those numbers are accurate for the Italian clubs, they don't look right for Milan, that much I will say.

Milan has drastically cut its salaries, by getting rid of many underperforming players--our wages used to be bloated. We pay our superstar LW Rafa Leao 1.5m, for example, instead of the 3m we used to pay Suso, for example. Leao (along with many others) is in line for a massive pay increase. 

The other major factor here is that Milan has taken full advantage of a new tax law that means that Milan pays tax only on 50% of a player's earnings. This is why our wage bill has dropped drastically, and why we can offer better wages after tax than other clubs outside of Italy.

So a player who makes 1m net costs us around 1.2m gross, versus approximately 2m in England or France (except Monaco, who have no tax). This cuts down on our costs, tremendously.

Leeds highest earner is on 3.5m gross, which is the sort of salary we used to pay squad players under Leonardo, before Maldini came to town. 

https://www.capology.com/club/ac-milan/salaries/

is this roughly correct? 

2 minutes ago, Milanista said:

They are from 2020-21, so a couple of years off. I very much doubt that you will find a better source for this stuff than Swiss Ramble though. What is your source for Serie A wages?

2 minutes ago, Manxst said:

https://www.capology.com/club/ac-milan/salaries/

is this roughly correct? 

All figures are not inclusive of bonuses or incentives. Actual salary figures may vary. Salary coverage may be limited or incomplete.

That’s one very good reason why you should take sites that quote individual salaries with a huge grain of (ironically) salt.

Guest dazzanufc1892
9 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

That’s one very good reason why you should take sites that quote individual salaries with a huge grain of (ironically) salt.

Before or after tax? not knowing this renders it pointless

9 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

They are from 2020-21, so a couple of years off. I very much doubt that you will find a better source for this stuff than Swiss Ramble though. What is your source for Serie A wages?

Calcio e Finanza and Il Sole 24 Ore are the best sources for financial reports on teams.

Capology is good, but still off, for example, they didn't seem to factor Romagnoli's salary properly--granted, neither did SwissRamble or other Italian papers until it was revealed that he was earning 6m net.

I'm not even sure what you are trying to prove though? That English teams can pay more than Milan? If so, I don't agree. I also don't think wage bill totals, considering the tremendous tax advantage Italian teams have, is an accurate reflection either.

I have not disputed that EPL salaries average higher than Italy. I simply find the idea that Leeds, West Ham, or Leicester can financially muscle, in the words of tifo "the Italian champions AC Milan" to be... wrong and inaccurate. 

This topic is interesting but I have no clue what the argument is about. @Milanista saying that Milan have loads of money while downplaying their budget massively means I'm not sure I get his point. If Milanista's numbers are right they are paying less wages than Leeds which contradicts his original point, no?

58 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Forest - Wow

God...

They're after Ramsey too apparently.

I think it's more likely to end in tears than not. 

Hopefully we'll fucking nail the cunts next week.

Big fan of Forest going all in. They recognized their Champo squad wasn’t good enough for this level and didn’t hem and haw about replacing it. Jury’s out on whether it’ll be enough to keep them up, but at least they can’t be accused of not trying.