Other clubs' transfers

Greg

8 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Main risk with a free transfer is the inflated wages, Juve simply couldn’t shift Aaron Ramsay until the end of his contract as his wages were well over market value. 

Tielemans Is talented but the fact he chose to dial it in for pretty much the full season for Leicester would worry me. 

Although if anyone can get a tune out of him Emery probably can. He feels a bit of a Shelvey type, borderline unplayable on his day but if times get tough you don’t necessarily want him in the trenches.

That’s true but what they gave Ramsey was beyond the pale :lol:

36 minutes ago, gbandit said:

[emoji38], heard Spurs were after Sancho. Sounds like there are going to be some hilarious transfers this window 

Zero chance of this.

Pickford does actually make sense though. Can't see it now they've stayed up though.

22 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Zero chance of this.

Pickford does actually make sense though. Can't see it now they've stayed up though.

Everton could sell him for £40-50m, sign Dubravka for £8-10m. Bit of a downgrade but he's still a good mid-table keeper. Use £30-40m to sign either a top player or a couple of good ones and they're better off overall. 

Would Martial want to go? He’s had his injury problems but he’s in the picture at Man Utd and could go to other European clubs

I really can’t see why a player would go to Spurs right now. Man Utd pay more than anyone so he can’t be tempted with £££ and be giving up on playing in the CL 

Martial is total garbage.

Went to Sevilla, 12 games and 1 goal in a poorer league.

Less than 1 in 3 goalscoring ratio for Man Utd and that's because he's had some decent players around him.

I hope he goes to Spurs.

1 minute ago, Mountain said:

Martial is total garbage.

Went to Sevilla, 12 games and 1 goal in a poorer league.

Less than 1 in 3 goalscoring ratio for Man Utd and that's because he's had some decent players around him.

I hope he goes to Spurs.

Martial is a good player and has good stats per 90 (0.74G&A per 90 this season), but his body is made of glass and his commitment is questionable so I'd be happy for him to move on at this stage.

Although he's on a ridiculous £250k a week so will be very hard to shift. 

19 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Martial is a good player and has good stats per 90 (0.74G&A per 90 this season), but his body is made of glass and his commitment is questionable so I'd be happy for him to move on at this stage.

Although he's on a ridiculous £250k a week so will be very hard to shift. 

Less than 1/3 goals over his time at the club simply isn't good enough.

I don't think he's a good player.

But I respect your opinion.

He’s been played out wide quite a bit over the years. When he’s healthy and played as a CF, he’s quite productive. 17 goals in 32 league games in 2019/20 playing centrally.

Edited by Deuce

Fabrizio Romano

@FabrizioRomano

EXCL: Tottenham are now on the verge of reaching an agreement with David Raya on personal terms. Long term contract, almost agreed after positive talks. #THFC Raya, open to Spurs move but club to club talks will be crucial. £40m fee asked by Brentford, considered too high.

6 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Didn't think about it before but Raya will be a homegrown player. That was one of the reasons Spurs wanted Forster last year - they were a bit short on HG players.

Well, they don’t have to worry about that sort of thing anymore, do they? ;)

Edited by Unbelievable

16 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Another good free pick up for Villa, he’s not perfect but no brainer on a free. It doesn’t work out? So what sell him. 

Kind of annoying we have a pass to both him and Kamara when we spend so much time talking about FFP. 

Don’t think the AOC transfer is a good one on paper depending on length of contract.  

Nobody is going to pay money for him if it doesn’t work out. 

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Don’t think the AOC transfer is a good one on paper depending on length of contract.  

Nobody is going to pay money for him if it doesn’t work out. 

Yup, and nobody is going to pay the type of wages he is getting either, so if it fails, at best they manage to loan him out with a symbolic wage contribution from the loaning club and do that every year until his contract is up like we are and have been doing with players like Colback, Hendrick and probably now Fraser.