Other clubs' transfers

Greg

9 hours ago, joeyt said:

Really hoping we are in for him. Think he's the next big thing, potentially even better than Bowen, to come from the Championship. Primarily a right winger, but can play up top as well so fills two gaps we desperately need to fill this window.

Was just reading William Saliba wants to remain at Marseille because he doesn’t want to be left out at Arsenal. 

We’re not linked with him but his stats were really good in France last year and looks a really good ball playing cb. He’s the type of player I’d like us to move for. 

10 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Was just reading William Saliba wants to remain at Marseille because he doesn’t want to be left out at Arsenal. 

We’re not linked with him but his stats were really good in France last year and looks a really good ball playing cb. He’s the type of player I’d like us to move for. 

Milan are sniffing about for him.

15 minutes ago, St1pe said:

We are linked with him. Several media reports in the last week. 

eg. https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1616472/arsenal-newcastle-william-saliba-marseille-transfer-news-SNT/amp

1 hour ago, St1pe said:

Stats look solid. Is there some talk about him having a bad attitude or did I make that up?

31 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Stats look solid. Is there some talk about him having a bad attitude or did I make that up?

There was definitely something. A French football Twitter account I follow rave about him most weekends too. 

40 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Presume spurs are signing Perisic as a back up for Son/Kula?

Or does he play as a wing back in Conte's system?

He's played left wing back last two seasons. Adapted to it very well. But would definitely be a forward option too.

Edited by ponsaelius

No matter how well Villa have done in the transfer window, they are going nowhere while their manager is still acting like a fan boy of another club. The only club he really cares about.

If I was a Villa fan, I'd be vomiting.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

No matter how well Villa have done in the transfer window, they are going nowhere while their manager is still acting like a fan boy of another club. The only club he really cares about.

If I was a Villa fan, I'd be vomiting.

I read he's there as part of BTs coverage but I agree that I wouldn't be happy as a Villa fan. 

Ex Liverpool player and captain wishes the team he supports well. If Shearer was in management and he wished us well would we criticise him? Don’t think this has any bearing on his management of Villa. He’s a professional and will do his best for them.

If the Gerrard video had come out ahead of a PL game, or similar, then I could understand the questions.

He spent most of his career at Liverpool including his youth, and a team which is close to his heart is playing in the CL Final - the biggest game in club football and he is wishing them well.

Think that's fair enough.

Of course he's allowed to wish them well.

It's his cozy relationship to ex club which should worry Villa fans. He's using them as a stepping stone.

If Shearer did it for us, I would think it was mint but I wouldn't if I was the fan of the club he managed.

1 hour ago, PeepShow4life said:

Love Perisic, wish he was coming here.

Agreed , he is outstanding 

Getting on a bit , but his experience brings even more to his game.

Its always good to have the right blend to make a team 

youth , quality, hard workers , experience, it all helps 

Thats why I hope we can get a bit of both in this window (trippier for us is a prime example)