Other clubs' transfers

Greg

20 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

It's Man City or nothing and they're about to buy Grealish. Surely not both?

Have some sympathy...it's only 200 million. How are they expected to compete with such a restricted budget? After all that fine they got for claiming poverty and trying to ruin football will have seriously dented their warchest. 

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, geordie_b said:

Giggs hasn't turned up for training either

That’s because he is with Kane 

Remember in May when Pep said City didn't have the money to buy a striker? Fast forward to August and they're trying to buy two players for at least £200m and they probably won't be their only signings. :lol: Honestly I'm on the verge of just calling it quits with football, its absolute horseshit these days. 

4 hours ago, Decky said:

Remember in May when Pep said City didn't have the money to buy a striker? Fast forward to August and they're trying to buy two players for at least £200m and they probably won't be their only signings. :lol: Honestly I'm on the verge of just calling it quits with football, its absolute horseshit these days. 

I urge you to try it. You just need to have something to fill the void. American Football does it for me.

50 minutes ago, triggs said:

Couldn't have less interest in club football returning

I’m sure it’ll change but aye, it is particularly hard to feel enthused about anything to do with the top flight starting again albeit I’m sure it’ll increase as the games get going.

Regardless of any misery I might feel towards NUFC or cynicism towards top flight football in general, it just doesn't feel like we've had anywhere near a long enough break for ages. Since football restarted after the initial Covid hit it's been basically constant. Looking forward to the day I'm missing football. 

37 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Regardless of any misery I might feel towards NUFC or cynicism towards top flight football in general, it just doesn't feel like we've had anywhere near a long enough break for ages. Since football restarted after the initial Covid hit it's been basically constant. Looking forward to the day I'm missing football. 

That's true, but that didn't matter a jot when EUROMANIA was in full force. I was as buzzing as I've been for years. Now I'm enjoying stupid pain free sporting events like golf/cricket/Olympics. I've got absolutely no desire to see the PL season start. I think my best hope with football is to see if I can engross myself in La Liga / Serie A or something. I just want to appreciate the football and not think about the CUNT of a team we idiots "follow".

10 hours ago, triggs said:

Couldn't have less interest in club football returning

I was already losing interest and then the ESL happened. One of the lowest moments we've had in the English game. The subsequent non-punishment and the big six dropping hundreds of millions on players is absolutely laughable, yet depressingly predictable. Sky have played a blinder too, presenting the 'fan power' angle to put the brakes on, only to sweep it all under the carpet once it was confirmed they'll have dibs on shafting the fans for the foreseeable future. Predictably its worked too.

That's before you add in the takeover. Our closest and most realistic chance of getting rid of the cancer that is Mike Ashley  conveniently torpedoed in dubious fashion around the time of said ESL breakaway. It only adds to the evidence Leicester ruffled a few too many feathers and the established clubs are set on pulling the ladder up. Add in another season of Bruce and I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than waste time on money on this 'brand' and the cartel of clubs it serves to benefit. Fuck them.

£85m plus Alonso? Can't help feeling it would be £91m if it wasn't for that £6m fine, so credit to the Premier League for somewhat keeping the big 6' spending under control.

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/transfer-news/arsenal-make-first-james-maddison-21212370

Arsenal and another London club have proposed a player plus cash deal for Leicester midfielder James Maddison, football.london understands.

The major sticking point for Arsenal however, is Leicester's demands of over £60million for the former Norwich and Coventry midfielder.

However, it's understood that the Gunners have sounded out the possibility of signing Maddison by offering a player in the deal via intermediaries to make the transfer fee more viable.

Joe Willock, Reiss Nelson and Eddie Nketiah are among the players available for transfer this summer, although it is not confirmed who has been offered as the makeweight.

Where's all the money coming from? I thought Covid decimated all budgets?

The number of lower league teams who have transfer embargoes due to Covid loans, yet the "BiG sIX", who claim to want changes to protect the football pyramid, are spending millions more than usual. Football is dead. 

6 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Where's all the money coming from? I thought Covid decimated all budgets?

The number of lower league teams who have transfer embargoes due to Covid loans, yet the "BiG sIX", who claim to want changes to protect the football pyramid, are spending millions more than usual. Football is dead. 

Who has actually spent big money so far? A lot of rumours but nothing concrete just yet. 

Chelsea with a big bid for Lukaku, but they've also sold £65m worth of players so far already this summer.