Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Do find it a bit odd that Brighton are seemingly going into the season with Welbeck, the random German lad and a bunch of youngsters as their strike force

They could be really good if they got a striker who can score consistently

1 hour ago, Village Idiot said:

What have we done that we weren't doing 10 years ago?

I mean, don't get me wrong, we're reprehensible, just not sure how it has worsened as of late. I mean, remember the Abidal cancer feelgood story? The Spanish courts have, for years now, trying to ascertain whether we helped him pay off a dude to buy his liver :lol:

I suppose Messi et al covered up a lot of shit.

Should have been clearer, I guess. Always liked Barca over RM and other top teams as a kid. Right back to watching Romario and Stoichkov highlights on shows like Trans World Sport :lol: through to our games against you. Figo, Luis Enrique, Frank De Boer, Overmars, Kluivert (loved the Dutch team growing up). 

I went in 05/06 sort of time for a CL game against Dortmund and as a 16/17 year old. The city, stadium and team absolutely blew me away. 

I guess I always loved the fact a lot of the players came through the youth system, you had an identity and weren’t spending daft money in comparison to a lot of other clubs. 

Seems that has gradually been chipped away at over time and rightly or wrongly. It just started to feel like they were no different to any of the other super clubs. 

Maybe it is just the press reporting of it. But these last few seasons have seemed like

an absolute car crash and the transfer situation now is an absolute joke. 

25 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Do find it a bit odd that Brighton are seemingly going into the season with Welbeck, the random German lad and a bunch of youngsters as their strike force

Pep Potter

1 hour ago, nufc123 said:

Nothing against Forest, but when do they have to stop FFP and all that? They havent had an income for years.

The PL FFP allowance of £105m losses over three years is reduced by £22m for each season outside of the PL. According to Swiss Ramble they've run at an EFL FFP loss of £13m per season for last two seasons, that means they can afford a loss of up to £35m this season without breaching FFP.

That doesn't mean they've only got £35m to spend on transfers, because transfers are amortised over the length of the contract so spending £15m on a player on a five year contract would be just £3m per year for FFP, although there is the cost of wages too.

They'll probably have big buffer of profit because of the massive injection of money they get just from being in the PL, plus starting out with their players on championship wages. So they're probably nowhere near FFP being an issue.

Their problem will come if the gamble doesn't pay off and they end up back in the Championship.

Edited by Jackie Broon

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

They're going to eventually introduce this guy into the team, and deservedly so after his exploits last season.

image.thumb.png.304b40d0afd998cf3ee67f279c33057d.png

image.thumb.png.c341901e0c44bb057fa6e04900d9695e.png

Edited by KaKa

12 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Yeah I know he's the German I was refering to but he's 26 and not played anywhere higher than the Belgian league so still think think it's a risk

Ah, I see. They must be pretty confident about it. Maybe he's performed well in pre season training with them.

1 hour ago, nufc123 said:

Nothing against Forest, but when do they have to stop FFP and all that? They havent had an income for years.

Thibk they’re basically gambling in an attempt to buy PL safety. They won’t be able to do much buying in coming seasons though if they want to stay on the right side of FFP. 

2 hours ago, Village Idiot said:

What have we done that we weren't doing 10 years ago?

I mean, don't get me wrong, we're reprehensible, just not sure how it has worsened as of late. I mean, remember the Abidal cancer feelgood story? The Spanish courts have, for years now, trying to ascertain whether we helped him pay off a dude to buy his liver :lol:

I suppose Messi et al covered up a lot of shit.

Are you serious?

IF all of the reports are true you are buying loads of players and spending a fortune whilst you owe loads of your current players wages.

Whoever's in charge of your PR seems to be trying to black mail the players into taking reduced wages or just forgetting about the money they are owed. I keep seeing stories how Braithwaite is a bad guy for wanting his owed wages because he owns loads of property in America and how De Jong is greedy for wanting the money he is owed.

You seem like a good guy and a great poster but your team seems to be taking the piss and your president makes Harry Redknapp and his dogs bank account look innocent.

1 hour ago, PeepShow4life said:

Are you serious?

IF all of the reports are true you are buying loads of players and spending a fortune whilst you owe loads of your current players wages.

Whoever's in charge of your PR seems to be trying to black mail the players into taking reduced wages or just forgetting about the money they are owed. I keep seeing stories how Braithwaite is a bad guy for wanting his owed wages because he owns loads of property in America and how De Jong is greedy for wanting the money he is owed.

You seem like a good guy and a great poster but your team seems to be taking the piss and your president makes Harry Redknapp and his dogs bank account look innocent.

I didn't vote for Laporta and I've always thought he's a classless twat. I feared stuff like this would happen, because he already did a lot of ridiculous evil shit last time he was in charge (he spied on his own staffers!). So for me this isn't something "new", I guess people didn't pay attention back then because Ronaldinho and Messi.

Also, we don't really have a cash flow problem (short-term). We could pay all those wages. We *do* have a balance problem though (a serious one), which in turn creates a wage cap problem given La Liga's financial regulations, hence all the deferral malarkey to bring new signings in. I personally would rather spent another year rebuilding and healing our finances, since we do have a crop of very talented young players to build around, and we have to deal with the rebuilding of Camp Nou, but Laporta has gone all in to try to contend right away - which I don't think it will work.

Edited by Village Idiot

I don't think Barca have been doing anything that English clubs haven't been doing over the last 10 years, La Liga are just more strict on finances.

Also a lot of people say they've got away scot free, well they haven't, they were forced to give away the best player in the history of the game who had been at the club over 20 years for nothing.

4 minutes ago, triggs said:

I don't think Barca have been doing anything that English clubs haven't been doing over the last 10 years, La Liga are just more strict on finances.

Also a lot of people say they've got away scot free, well they haven't, they were forced to give away the best player in the history of the game who had been at the club over 20 years for nothing.

They got players to defer money owed to them because of the losses they were incurring during the pandemic, then told them to fuck off and smeared those players.

7 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

They got players to defer money owed to them because of the losses they were incurring during the pandemic, then told them to fuck off and smeared those players.

That is true but they only had to get the players to defer the wages because of the La Liga salary cap