Other clubs' transfers

Greg

There's a rumour that Boehly didn't realise that they had to qualify for the Champions League through the league, and assumed they were just in it every year, and so didn't realise they would be losing out on the money from not being in Europe next season :lol:

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

There's a rumour that Boehly didn't realise that they had to qualify for the Champions League through the league, and assumed they were just in it every year, and so didn't realise they would be losing out on the money from not being in Europe next season :lol:

Please be true ?

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

The warning signs were there when he wanted to introduce anAll Star Game for the league not long after buying the club

The north v. south shit was fucking hilarious. What a complete ignorance of the game and it's history/heritage in England 

3 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

I think that's just someone making it up based on being an ignorant American.

They'll be saying next that he didn't know relegation

/promotion happens.

The way the guy has been moving, I'm not sure these things are being made up :lol:

If Chelsea end up with no meaningful wounds from the time since Abramovich was first implicated, I feel like we can forget any prospect of a so-called 'big six' team destroying themselves. It would mean even the worst levels of self-inflicted hardship is traversable if you're already settled within the elite. Next it'll be Man City getting away with whatever financial rules they've broken; meanwhile there's Barcelona with all their financial problems and Juventus getting points deductions. 

All these scummy clubs deserve periods in the doldrums. If you scaled this sort of mismanagement down to levels below the elite, there'd be relegations and liquidations. 

6 hours ago, Disco said:

They were saying on The Athletic podcast that in an ideal world they’d sell them before 30 June as they can put it on this seasons books which helps them massively. Especially the homegrown players as selling them is pure profit in accounting terms.

However Lukaku coming back on 300k per year is going to be magnificently funny as there’ll be no next to no takers that will pay anywhere near what they spent on him or match his wages. 

There can't be many teams that it would help their own financial situation to get a new player on the books this financial year rather than next, unless they can do so at a worthwhile discount. If it's true, it will spur a fire sale.

On 17/04/2023 at 06:23, joeyt said:

Kelleher wants to leave at the end of the season as his contract is up and I think they want rid of Gomez

Kelleher's contract is not up. He is too good to be backup and needs regular game time. I will be surprised if we will sell Gomez. English, still young, lost his way a bit but a lot to work with there.  Unless we are buying another defender which I doubt given our main focus will be on midfield. 

2 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

You know that Einstein definition of madness about doing the same thing over and over? Just saw headline on SSN: "Barcalona make Aubemayang their number 1 striking target this summer"

What...

Romano was talking about this on his podcast. They are actually going to pay money for him too :lol:

They apparently want Firmino but the wages might be an issue. Barca are just a complete farce.