Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Definitely not going to read that either.  Another cunt to add to the list of Ashley puppets. Fuck them all.

He didnt write the article, just the reply in the tweet. cunt

Harsh [emoji38]

I heard that interview this morning – well the end of it because I always turn the radio off when Allardyce is on because I cannot bear to hear him speaking.

My reaction was that he already knows he is the next manager as he was doing Bishop’s PR for Mike.  It was Mike this, Mike that and Mike has done as he promised when he said that Rafa can have every penny the club generates and that Rafa is allowed to sign who he wants.

If he has not criticised Rafa then that is because he has to be canny with what he says.

Apologies for this as my imagination has been running riot since but the way I see it is that there is a deliberate campaign to make Rafa walk.  If that does not happen, then by restricting transfer funds, the likelihood is that the team will struggle which will give them the excuse to sack him.  Then they can appoint Allardyce because “he never gets a team relegated” and they will give him a huge transfer budget in January. 

They probably like the fact that the fans hate him so he won’t be able to galvanise them like Rafa has.  He can keep the team in the league, he is not interested in the cups.

I never seriously thought that Allardyce would come back to Newcastle because he had long resented his sacking and criticised Ashley for not acting quicker in the transfer market but in recent times he has been more conciliatory towards “Mike”. 

I didn’t think Ashley would be interested because as far as I am concerned Allardyce is responsible for our transfer policy because he wasted so much money on old players with expensive and long contracts.

Never getting a team relegated is probably the only thing that has registered with Ashley.  He has probably forgotten what an expensive appointment Allardyce is - with regards to salary, staff and poor transfer decisions (he buys a lot of players and most don't play).  However, he will probably enjoy going for a pint with “Mike” where they can discuss the unrealistic expectations of the fans for such a small club.  Then Ashley will probably sell the club with Allardyce in place so he is someone else’s problem knowing that he has well and truly shafted Rafa.

Funny how the managers that are popular with the fans - Keegan, Hughton abnd Rafa are the ones that do a good job but are sacked / pushed to the exit whilst those the fans hold in contempt are retained for as long as possible.

Guest reefatoon

Definitely not going to read that either.  Another cunt to add to the list of Ashley puppets. Fuck them all.

Harsh [emoji38]

:lol:  I didn't even realise he had put "cunt" at the end.  I wasn't calling him a cunt, I  was calling Keys a cunt.  :lol:

Harsh [emoji38]

:lol:  I didn't even realise he had put "cunt" at the end.  I wasn't calling him a cunt, I  was calling Keys a cunt.  :lol:

so was I :spit:

What is this idea that we're going to get back the likes of either Pardew or Allardyce? No way would an little pissant like Pardew dare return, wouldn't have the balls to face up to the fans. And Allardyce would know he's on a hiding to nothing, too. He loves to whinge about how he wasn't given a fair crack and knows the fans would never be on his side.

I don't think Ashley is valuing what Rafa has actually brought to the club.  Fans started to believe in the club again, match attendance was increadable in the Championship.  If Rafa leaves Newcastle will loose attendance, league position and might well get relegated again.  It's to much of a risk to gamble with in my opinion. 

The only thing that I can think of stopping Ashley from investing in players is that he wants to sell badly (I'm hoping).  But that is also a big gamble to pull the plug before you sell.  See what happend to Villa and Sunderland, who both had owners wanting out and used the same tactic.

best supported unsuccessful club in the world, and the fans are greedy to want a morsel of success, just a tiny fraction of what other fans of similar sized clubs have had would do.