Miguel Almirón

Deuce

Is it not Almiron wanting to go on international duty and so having to play for us first to prove fitness. Think we're rightly concerned as fans. Fingers crossed it happens and, more importantly, for the correct reasons.

It’s just been said South American internationals are postponed

Is it not Almiron wanting to go on international duty and so having to play for us first to prove fitness. Think we're rightly concerned as fans. Fingers crossed it happens and, more importantly, for the correct reasons.

Cheers, wasn't aware of that.

Happy days! It’s a tough call because we would need him if we have any chance against Brighton, but you’d think if he plays that it has got to be a rush job

Happy days! It’s a tough call because we would need him if we have any chance against Brighton, but you’d think if he plays that it has got to be a rush job

He,ll play but be out for rest of season  & probably his last match in a black n white shirt

• 2 weeks later...

Papers and some sites all reporting 'hints' at leaving in the summer.

All because the lad has said he wants to play for a side that 'fights more'. I assume meaning being more competitive on the pitch and more ambitious.

https://sportslens.com/miguel-almiron-wants-to-play-for-a-more-competitive-side/342990/

Yet another symptom of the Fat mans ownership.

6 minutes ago, Novocastrian said:

He was bought to sell on anyway, nothing really to see here.

Exactly. Same goes for Saint and Wilson. People need to stop acting horrified when it happens as it's just what's happened since Ashley has been here and will continue to happen as long as he's here.

17 minutes ago, Novocastrian said:

He was bought to sell on anyway, nothing really to see here.

Nar, Rafa pushed for him - poor lad has gone from playing alongside Rondon and Perez being coached by Rafa to Joelinton and Bruce FFS.

Edited by Paully

8 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

He wasn't though, was he.

Actually you’re right, he was bought as a critical piece of the jigsaw which is the progressive and talented team that Ashley has been painstakingly assembling for several seasons.

11 minutes ago, Novocastrian said:

Actually you’re right, he was bought as a critical piece of the jigsaw which is the progressive and talented team that Ashley has been painstakingly assembling for several seasons.

Benitez sounded him out and pushed for him. But I'm sure Rafa sold Almiron the club as a stepping stone in January '19 though. :thup:

Edited by HaydnNUFC

32 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Benitez sounded him out and pushed for him. But I'm sure Rafa sold Almiron sold the club as a stepping stone in January '19 though. :thup:

He’s right for wanting to fuck off, however I honestly believe he will struggle to get the type of transfer he wants. I can’t see any top team from any of the major leagues being in for him.

45 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

He’s right for wanting to fuck off, however I honestly believe he will struggle to get the type of transfer he wants. I can’t see any top team from any of the major leagues being in for him.

Doesn't have to be a top team though does it. Practically any other team in the Premier will be a step up now

1 hour ago, et tu brute said:

He’ll get someone like Sevilla, Roma, etc I reckon. Not one of the elite 2 or 3 but someone challenging to play in the Champions League or capable of winning the Europa.

2 hours ago, et tu brute said:

Agree with this. He's useful but he's not good enough to be playing champions league or anything like that.