Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

From Jones’ wiki.

His first game as a manager came on 2 August, a 3–3 thriller against Middlesbrough.[32] However, by the end of 2019, Luton were sat 23rd in the Championship, sitting in the relegation zone.[33] On 24 April 2020, with football suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic and having achieved only 10 league wins all season, leaving the club lying in 23rd and in the relegation zone, Jones left his post by mutual consent.[34]

:lol:

Couple of things....

1) Imagine you're the poor fucker dropped for ASM coming back, made to feel completely fucking useless.

2) They obviously see Jones as next seasons Chris Hughton imho.

That daft fucker has been parachuted in with a view to running the side next season.

He'll be derided from the heavens by a completely toxic NUFC fanbase sore that the takeover hasn't happened and from warning the useless porker from Nov2020 that we'd be going down only for him to stand by and watch us sink.

Good luck Jonesy lad :lol:.

So lets assume Jones does start having an impact behind the scenes (the starting 11 tomorrow will be very telling), and the team does start doing really well straight away.

Does that mean Bruce then takes the credit and stays on? And we then have to watch him be a smarmy git after each game, while he takes all the credit?

If so, I hope the team continues flopping until they have to jettison him.

I’m no so sure pinning our hopes on Jones will save us either. Need a proper manager to come in and rebuild the damage Bruce has done. Could be too late already

Just a change in the way we set up and play might be enough. It’s a gamble which could go either way but I really believe Bruce is that bad, just him being out the way might get the little bounce we need to stay up.

Would agree normally, but by all accounts Jones is more of a front foot manager, and that was definitely the way at Bournemouth. I'm concerned that Rafa bought players for a more counter attacking style, not sure if the players will be able to adapt to a totally different way of playing. I could see it just causing more confusion.

I’m no so sure pinning our hopes on Jones will save us either. Need a proper manager to come in and rebuild the damage Bruce has done. Could be too late already

Just a change in the way we set up and play might be enough. It’s a gamble which could go either way but I really believe Bruce is that bad, just him being out the way might get the little bounce we need to stay up.

Would agree normally, but by all accounts Jones is more of a front foot manager, and that was definitely the way at Bournemouth. I'm concerned that Rafa bought players for a more counter attacking style, not sure if the players will be able to adapt to a totally different way of playing. I could see it just causing more confusion.

Bournemouth and Luton fans say he loves 5 at the back. Ultimately with Bournemouth that’s not his call

Bournemouth and Luton fans say he loves 5 at the back. Ultimately with Bournemouth that’s not his call

Interesting. Martinez uses that for Belgium too, so some of that influence as well I imagine.

We just don't have the central midfielders for that setup IMO, as in a 3-4-2-1 they would need to be 2 that are hard working, mobile and decent with the ball.

I guess this then means we still won't see ASM, Almiron and Fraser playing off Wilson, and I really think that is our best bet in turning things around.

Not that I want a defensive team, but the time to push for a change in style will be in the summer. Now it's really just about getting results. A few small tweaks like playing midfielders who can run, and getting players up in support of the striker when we attack would do wonders.

If you're at the stage where the form of a single player is the only thing that's saving him from the sack then it's already a lost cause. One player masking the total lack of managerial ability is an utterly embarrassing situation to be in for any club, for that to be a PL club should be mortifying for both Bruce and Ashley. It's a damning indictment that he is even in this position, he's the managerial Jerry Maguire.

Look, ive been in the game a long long time "what is it, 500 games or so, you will have to ask others about that, we've put a lot of crosses in the box & im very very encouraged & im not one for making excuses,,,,,,,,,,,,, but

'Stephen Clemence had problems in his personal life (his father, Ray, passed away) and Steve Agnew was struck down with Covid for the best part of five weeks. We were very short.

FCUK OFF YOU FUKCING FAT FRAUD

Fcukin DC

Look, ive been in the game a long long time "what is it, 500 games or so, you will have to ask others about that, we've put a lot of crosses in the box & im very very encouraged & im not one for making excuses,,,,,,,,,,,,, but

'Stephen Clemence had problems in his personal life (his father, Ray, passed away) and Steve Agnew was struck down with Covid for the best part of five weeks. We were very short.

FCUK OFF YOU FUKCING FAT FRAUD

Fcukin DC

Does that mean the EPL will give us some points back ?

should get his doctor to write him a note.

Should get his mother to write him a note.

"Dear Dinner lady,

Steve can't eat cabbage as he suffers from a condition that means he looks like one. Please substitute his cabbage for a sausage roll

Steve

Mrs Bruce