Joelinton

Stifler

A tackle isn't just about winning the ball or cutting out danger, a good strong well timed tackle can intimidate the opposition or individual, get the fans up off their seats and can galvanise a player who maybe lacking confidence as we saw with Lascelles against Everton. Tackling is integral to the game and is very much an important part of it. It’s not just about winning the ball or sending the opposition player into the hoardings. My boy is coached not to dive in, to stand his man up, get tight, don’t ball watch and to jockey his man, but he’s also instructed because you can’t coach tackling, to try and win the ball by way of tackling if that’s what’s required or called on. 

Edited by HTT II

3 hours ago, HTT II said:

A tackle isn't just about winning the ball or cutting out danger, a good strong well timed tackle can intimidate the opposition or individual, get the fans up off their seats and can galvanise a player who maybe lacking confidence as we saw with Lascelles against Everton.tackling is integral to the game and is very much an important part of it. It’s not just about winning the ball or sending the opposition player into the hoardings. My boy is coached not to dive in, to stand his man up, get tight, don’t ball watch and to jockey his man, but he’s also instructed because you can’t coach tackling, to try and win the ball by way of tackling if that’s what’s required or called on. 

I think tackling is sometimes absolutely necessary, as you can sometimes be caught out of position or need to cover for someone else that has been, and you need to go to ground. However, I think there is an art to tackling, and an under control tackle can help you win possession a lot more often, which is really the priority for me. Just not a fan of flying in recklessly. I understand that in the prem it has typically been seen as a way to galvanise the crowd and player, but just never been a fan of that kind of approach.

49 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I think tackling is sometimes absolutely necessary, as you can sometimes be caught out of position or need to cover for someone else that has been, and you need to go to ground. However, I think there is an art to tackling, and an under control tackle can help you win possession a lot more often, which is really the priority for me. Just not a fan of flying in recklessly. I understand that in the prem it has typically been seen as a way to galvanise the crowd and player, but just never been a fan of that kind of approach.

Agreed, flying in recklessly ala Shelvey is never an option or should be. 

I don’t see it tbh. Joelinton’s recent position is too important in the system. Nobody else would be able to cover ASM like that. Would move Willock out wide before I’d move Jo out there but I think Fraser will play.

Bit hard to get Bruno in the team atm. He definitely needs more than just injury time though.

A defining feature of a good manager is the ability to make seemingly mediocre players play at their highest potential of ability. We saw it regularly with Benítez and so so often with SAF. Looking back he somehow managed to win the league routinely at a canter with players like O'Shea, Fortune, Cleverley and Anderson often playing key roles. Has to be handed to Howe, this transformation is amazing and is a testament to his ability.

41 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

30 yarder top bin today

I'd settle for him to control his nerve, keep his balance and get a tap in from 3 yards out, never mind 30.

Need a massive performance from him today against that West Ham midfield.

It's getting to the point where it's an actual shock when he loses a 50/50 or gives away possession cheaply. Think it's safe to say this isn't a purple patch, he's just very good in the role.

I am still in disbelief at his performances, like. After watching him absolutely stink the place up for the preceding what.. 80, 90 games? He now looks like a superstar :lol: 

It's actually funny.

Edited by Smal