Joelinton

Stifler

I'll probably going to get a lot of hate for saying it, but I think Joelinton is a terrible footballer. Apart from the physical strength and determination he shows, he's technically and tactically inept. I don't think he'll be part of the club's future starting 11 beyond this season if relegation is avoided. He's not a finisher to become a striker, has no enough pace to play as a winger, his passing ability is average at best and won't cut it as part of a long-term midfield.

I find it hilarious that some here give shit to Maximin when he performs a 6/10 and then hail Joelinton as the next big thing even after he struggles to control a simple ball or scuffs a shot inside the penalty area.

9 minutes ago, Khalidao said:

I'll probably going to get a lot of hate for saying it, but I think Joelinton is a terrible footballer. Apart from the physical strength and determination he shows, he's technically and tactically inept. I don't think he'll be part of the club's future starting 11 beyond this season if relegation is avoided. He's not a finisher to become a striker, has no enough pace to play as a winger, his passing ability is average at best and won't cut it as part of a long-term midfield.

I find it hilarious that some here give shit to Maximin when he performs a 6/10 and then hail Joelinton as the next big thing even after he struggles to control a simple ball or scuffs a shot inside the penalty area.

Just hopping into my roflcopter real quick…

:bigi:

10 minutes ago, Khalidao said:

He's shite in the box, but the rest of that post is way off the mark in my opinion, like. His breakup play is excellent and he rarely gives the ball away in midfield, usually passing the ball forward too. 

He probably won't be part of the long term future of the club, but he's been exactly what we've needed in recent months. He's canny far down the list of first team players I'd be looking to replace. 

His workrate was amazing again. Covers so much ground and never seems to tire. 

Slight concern about some of his challenges and tackling, though. Two games in a row where his technique and naivety have had him running the risk of a card and has given away daft, pointless fouls.

Absolute beast in the middle. Just wish he had that same composure when he was in the final third.   

Notice that he always has the balls to bring a ball down to his feet, while others head it away. A little chest, sticks his arse out to feel for the opposition player and away he goes. Gets out of some tight spaces.

How many players are there as physically dominant in midfield that are also spraying the ball about like a prime Busquets like?

Joelinton's touch is weird, he's generaly very clunky on the ball but still more often than not manages to get it where he wants, he's a lot like Jonas in that regard. 

Just now, Khalidao said:

completely disagree. Tactically hes one of the best players in the squad... you cant lead the league in tackles won and interceptions every week and not know where to be tactically. And some of the forward passes hes played this year have been fantastic. using his strength and patience and waiting to slip players in. technically he can be a bit loose at times, but i think that comes from playing as a forward most of his career. he'll adjust to that with experience.

think hes the first name on the team sheet after trips and maxi personally

5 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Howe - Still see's him as an attacking player

Joelinton - Doing everything he can to show he should never be played near the opposition penalty box.

Honestly he is an absolute stud as a DM. He is undroppable. Incredible. 

Howe's actual quotes were a bit strange tbh, if I remember them correctly. He basically seems to see a box to box midfielder as an attacking midfielder.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

2 minutes ago, Palestoon said:

completely disagree. Tactically hes one of the best players in the squad... you cant lead the league in tackles won and interceptions every week and not know where to be tactically. And some of the forward passes hes played this year have been fantastic. using his strength and patience and waiting to slip players in. technically he can be a bit loose at times, but i think that comes from playing as a forward most of his career. he'll adjust to that with experience.

think hes the first name on the team sheet after trips and maxi personally

Agreed. He’s actually brilliant at shielding the ball too and getting out of a tight situation when it doesn’t look like he can. He needs to improve his concentration at times because that’s when he lays off a shit pass or falls on his arse 

Edited by andyc35i

He is so vital for this team now, but it’s comical to see how clumsy he is whenever he gets the ball in the box. It must be a mental thing. After all he did score 1 in 4 both in Hoffenheim and on loan at Rapid Wien. 

Just now, Milburn said:

He is so vital for this team now, but it’s comical to see how clumsy he is whenever he gets the ball in the box. It must be a mental thing. After all he did score 1 in 4 both in Hoffenheim and on loan at Rapid Wien. 

It's become such a big thing in his mind now and he's pressing too much. Think we'll eventually see him settle down and be okay in there. This run of outstanding performances in midfield has at least gained him some respect and support that will just be great for him in general.

Just now, andyc35i said:

Agreed. He’s actually brilliant at shielding the ball too and getting out of a tight situation when it doesn’t look like he can. He needs to improve his concentration at times because that’s when he lays off a shit pass or falls on his arse 

agreed. as I mentioned in my post, i think playing as a forward, you kind of switch on and off during the game as the action comes and goes. In midfield, you need 100% concentration. But just watch him closely, he shows glimpses of every top attribute you want in a box to box midfielder. He really has a natural understanding and feel for the game in the middle. Howe even mentioned it when he first came to the club that he was one of the most intelligent players on the pitch in the entire squad. I think he just needs to continue gaining experience and getting comfortable in his new role.