Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Aye. This would be a great time for a TV mogul to buy a football club right? Can't wait until the pandemic settles down. So eager to buy a f***ing football club that he would be willing to even pay over the odds, more than what the seller actually wants in this time of crisis.

What a s*** article that is. Only hairy Keys and that Delaney fella would believe in it and want it to happen.

only if the players come out to the one I love though

That's an interesting choice. I'll never forget the friend in high school who called me in a panic because her then-boyfriend had called in a dedication of that song to her on a local radio station. She thought he was going to dump her or kill her, but it turns out he just never listened to the lyrics (then she dumped him).

This one goes out to the one I love

This one goes out to the one I've left behind

A simple prop to occupy my time

Fire

(She's comin' down on her own, now)

Fire

(she's comin' down on her own)

A simple prop to occupy my time

Fire

Fire

(She's comin' down on her own)

Another prop has occupied my time

Fire

Fire

Fire

Fire

Source: https://www.metrolyrics.com/the-one-i-love-lyrics-rem.html

And if the moral quandry about the Saudis is not enough this part:

The Wall Street Journal has reported: “The fund has invested billions of dollars in global markets with little of the discipline and institutional controls typical of investment funds of its size”. Due diligence and “know your customer” best practices are routinely sacrificed to personal expediency. Current and former fund officials have said that CEO Yasir Al Rumayyan often ignores the advice of the Public Investment Fund’s investment committees and risk managers.

The notion that Newcastle United’s new owners would use their cash to transform the club into a football powerhouse along the lines of Manchester City is a pipe dream. With the price of oil tumbling to below $20 per barrel, Saudi Arabia is bleeding money, and the twin shocks of oversupply and crashing demand in energy markets mean that this hemorrhaging will continue for some time to come. The stewards of Saudi Arabia’s economy will soon come under strong domestic pressure to devote their shrinking resources to the welfare of their own citizens, rather than to high-priced transfer fees.

I mean, he's not exactly going to give them a 5 star Trustpilot review as a self-proclaimed Saudi dissident, is he? By all accounts they've done a serious amount of homework on the financials of the club and as mojo says, they would only need to spend a drop in their figurative ocean of cash to make a success of things here.

The Wall Street Journal has reported: “The fund has invested billions of dollars in global markets with little of the discipline and institutional controls typical of investment funds of its size”. Due diligence and “know your customer” best practices are routinely sacrificed to personal expediency. Current and former fund officials have said that CEO Yasir Al Rumayyan often ignores the advice of the Public Investment Fund’s investment committees and risk managers.

The notion that Newcastle United’s new owners would use their cash to transform the club into a football powerhouse along the lines of Manchester City is a pipe dream. With the price of oil tumbling to below $20 per barrel, Saudi Arabia is bleeding money, and the twin shocks of oversupply and crashing demand in energy markets mean that this hemorrhaging will continue for some time to come. The stewards of Saudi Arabia’s economy will soon come under strong domestic pressure to devote their shrinking resources to the welfare of their own citizens, rather than to high-priced transfer fees.

Immediately followed by this:

Despite the obvious belt-tightening that is required, Mohammed bin Salman continues to pursue costly monuments to his vanity at the expense of his people.

I like this tweet so I believe him.

I don't like this tweet so I no longer believe him.

I don't think anyone should expect anything to happen to the current manager as soon as we get bought over. Bruce will see out what ever is this season. But I'd expect him to be gone as soon as its clear what the end to this season is or as soon as it can look like the right thing to do with a "new vision" or bad results...

But you'd bet we will never here the end of what he could have done if had been allowed to stay.

Lots depends on if the season will restart, when it restarts and when the takeover is confirmed. Makes most sense they stick with Bruce in the short term but everything is possible and depends on many variables.

If the takeover is confirmed this week, players don't start training until the end of May and they have someone already lined up, available and prepping for the job they might pull the trigger from the start. The risk of a negative effect on players is minimal, unless its Rafa. Players will want to impress the new boss and win their place for next season. If its Rafa I could see the likes of Shelvey, Gayle etc. that know they are first out the door dropping their game. On the flipside lots of others will raise their game and be excited about the future.

If the new owners have a manager ready to go, don't fuck around being nice to Bruce imo. As much as some people will think its nice he is getting a chance, its worse to string him on and potentially damaging when a new manager can get settled in and already start the hard work and shaping ahead.

I mean, he's not exactly going to give them a 5 star Trustpilot review as a self-proclaimed Saudi dissident, is he? By all accounts they've done a serious amount of homework on the financials of the club and as mojo says, they would only need to spend a drop in their figurative ocean of cash to make a success of things here.

That's if they spend the money wisely, which isn't a guarantee

Guest godzilla

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-target-350m-bid-media-21935864

Mirror making sure again that they stress the Premier League may have problems with the Sheffield Utd connection.  Nickson returns from furlough and another alleged bidder stinks of Ashley trying to put the pressure on. If it's not announced by Friday it may not happen.

I don't think that second one is any sort of assurance for Bruce, it's just saying that no prospective purchasers are likely to be actively sharpening the knives before it's signed and sealed and all they've offered him are the usual banal platitudes that come with a takeover. He'll be peddled.

imagine making a £300m investment and letting steve bruce run it man, they'd be instantly destroying their credibility from day one

hughes wasn't a busted flush at man city when they let him run with things iirc, he was still on a fairly upward trajectory

bruce :lol:

I don't think that second one is any sort of assurance for Bruce, it's just saying that no prospective purchasers are likely to be actively sharpening the knives before it's signed and sealed and all they've offered him are the usual banal platitudes that come with a takeover. He'll be peddled.

Exactly. They're not exactly going to come out and say Bruce is getting the chop before even getting their feet under the table. It just doesn't ever happen like that. The only question will be whether he'll get to see the remaining 9 games out, and that will depend on whether there's a new manager already lined up and ready to step in immediately.