Jamal Lewis

joeyt

5 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

He's an absolutely bollocks footballer who's scared to step onto the pitch.

The fact he turned down moves in Jan when he knew he was being omitted from the 25 man squad tells you all you need to know.

Did he really?  Wasn't aware of that.

6 hours ago, James said:

Suspect Manquillo remains wanted here as a squad player just depends what space is left after transfers.

Fraser will get loaned to a Scottish team if we can’t sort out anything else. No one can afford his wages.

A Championship team will want Hendrick on loan only. Likewise wages unaffordable.

No idea what will happen with Hayden given his injury record.

I'd definitely have no qualms about playing Manquillo in cups games, has looked good/useful much of the time he's got a sniff.

Lewis looks completely shot if he ever wasn't.

6 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

He's an absolutely bollocks footballer who's scared to step onto the pitch.

The fact he turned down moves in Jan when he knew he was being omitted from the 25 man squad tells you all you need to know.

Did he not require groin surgery at the time though and prioritized that? I may be misremembering. 

Hope he does well and they make it permanent. Shame it didn't work out, good signing on paper but definitely a fresh start needed.

Feels like a bit of momentum re: getting the pap in the squad out which is encouraging.

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

No ill feeling towards him. Was Bruced, then just as he had a few decent games he got injured while the likes of Joelinton, Almiron and Schar took off. Would have been interesting to see if he could have done something without that. 

It’s interesting that this is the general consensus towards Lewis yet everybody seems to despise Hendrick ?

If anything Hendrick has contributed more (alright it’s very, very little v nothing in that particular argument) and wages seem roughly the same, but Lewis actually cost reasonable money as opposed to being free. 

1 hour ago, SteV said:

It’s interesting that this is the general consensus towards Lewis yet everybody seems to despise Hendrick ?

If anything Hendrick has contributed more (alright it’s very, very little v nothing in that particular argument) and wages seem roughly the same, but Lewis actually cost reasonable money as opposed to being free. 

Where the fuck is Hendrick? 

At no point in the future am I ever going to think "damn, I wish we still had Lewis on the bench to bring on". nothing personal against the lad but he's just not good enough and not shown anything to even warrant more chances been given. I'm sure he's done his best but he's just not good enough for where we are and are heading and the move down to the Championship gives him a fresh start, it just never worked out - it happens. Move on 

2 hours ago, SteV said:

I think the reason I dislike Hendrick more is 2-fold:

1) He's in such a key position. I mean all positions are important, but CM really dictates how both attacks develop and how you protect the back 4 and he's shit at both

2) He's played more (I think - I really have no interest in looking up the careers of either), so I've suffered watching him more which makes me dislike him (as a player) more