Football governance

Nobody

Football’s been on the wrong track for years, this ‘solution’ will kill it for many who have felt frozen out by the capitalist madness of the last fifteen years. Hope the people who have pushed this through really fucking suffer 

1 minute ago, TaylorJ_01 said:

It's precisely the endless pissing about with the game that is turning young people off. I hate VAR, I hate how all the players get daft cash, I hate all the owners turning them into businesses, I hate the politics, rule changes and FIFA corruption.

We need rid of the old, out of touch mafia who have been persistently attempting to ruin our game to line their pockets, while wasting supporter's hard earned cash.

VAR needs to be ditched 100% - it hasn't worked - bin it.

2 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

That youguv survey worried me mind.  21% of fans actually liked the idea which is ridiculous.  Not a single fan should like this.

theres always a section of idiots in any fanbase who will go along with whatever the club is doing

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Just catching up on Klopp. What a fucking twat. 

The fact he went after Neville was just bizarre, really want a big name tomorrow to drop a bomb and hand their transfer request in if this league goes ahead. 

All these random “fans” on twitter claiming people only tune in for the big six and the prem will fold without them need to give their heads a wobble too.

16 minutes ago, triggs said:

Perez has mentioned it tonight and Agnelli has previously but they all seem obsessed with this notion that young people aren't interested in football anymore

All I've read has suggested it's not that it's just they don't watch it in the traditional ways. They don't go to games as they're too expensive and aren't minded to watch full games on TV, they'll just catch highlights and gifs online.

6 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

That youguv survey worried me mind.  21% of fans actually liked the idea which is ridiculous.  Not a single fan should like this.

Some people don’t care about sustainability they just want to watch the game and at it’s basic level this super league bullshit is very lucrative to those “founders”. If they aren’t opposed they will hoard all the best players something most fans of these clubs won’t object too once the dust has settled. 

source: Boris Johnson’s approval rating after the death of over 100k people and rampant corruption 

Just catching up on all of MNF. I do kinda stand by what I said about Neville's hypocrisy, to a certain extent, but need to retract my spikiness because he's had the grace and self-awareness to acknowledge it. He's lit the torch in terms of the mainstream discourse about this issue extremely well tbh. 

I feel exhausted already at the thought of having to fight this fight after the weariness of NUFC-centric battles, but Neville's got me drafting a letter to the MP. :lol:

And similarly I retract, to some extent, my forgiving tone towards those with the biggest voices/influences choosing not to speak out. Aye it's not fair on Klopp etc to be in this position but we're literally talking about the death of the game here. There has to be some meaningful statements from influential figures very soon. 

On VAR though, we would need a replacement, because all we did for years was argue for technology, and now people just complain about it. I like it, but I dont like the ridiculous parts of it. It could still be used,but used better. If VAR kept us in the league, nobody would be complaining that particular day.

4 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

The fact he went after Neville was just bizarre, really want a big name tomorrow to drop a bomb and hand their transfer request in if this league goes ahead. 

All these random “fans” on twitter claiming people only tune in for the big six and the prem will fold without them need to give their heads a wobble too.

I particularly hated the fact he somehow managed to defend the club's owner somewhere in all of that attack on Neville. To be fair to Neville, he stood his ground in reply. Klopp getting all upset about how the Leeds fqns welcomed them too was also petty. Should have stood with them instead of criticising.

Been pure lurking on this thread for 36 hours now without saying owt, been a canny read and I'm gripped by all of this honestly. There is some twisted satisfaction in seeing it all burn after having the piss ripped out of us as fans of the game for so long. My emptiness towards NUFC has only been growing over recent years so it's nice to finally feel something. 

The most striking thing for me is the odd comment or inside detail that slips out from any of the vultures responsible for all of this, and how utterly disgusting their attitude towards the world around them is. Such obnoxious views about traditions, communities and history that they don't care about or try to understand. All they want to do is capitalise on it. 

Football has been on the road to this grotesque mirror image of capitalism gone wild for a long time now but this just takes that sickly feeling you get as a fan to a whole new level. This is much bigger than football - increasingly I'm looking at the world around me exasperated at the inequality, the unfairness and the greed. Good people are being fucked over left, right and centre by billionaire psychopaths and us plebs are at each others throats fighting for the scraps. 

Money poisons everything and it seems there's no escape from that fact, not even in the sport you used to always be able to rely on for your escapism. If the backlash to this can bring people together then great but I think we've unfortunately all been too nice about this for far too long now and the ship has probably already sailed. 

4 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

On VAR though, we would need a replacement, because all we did for years was argue for technology, and now people just complain about it. I like it, but I dont like the ridiculous parts of it. It could still be used,but used better. If VAR kept us in the league, nobody would be complaining that particular day.

It needs a few tweaks. I mean, the whole offside by a toenail is just stupid. There should be a tolerance level.

It also shouldn’t be reviewed by existing referees, it’s like the police force, they’ll rarely go against an on-field decision. It needs to be a highly trained independent panel per game.

We've had some decisions go our way that wouldn’t have in previous years and I guess also a few iffy ones too.

Its new, needs time to get it right.

1 minute ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Fucking hell how many times is Perez going to say "young people have lost interest in football". Perhaps if he says it enough, he might convince himself.

Also the Super League will coincidentally be totally immune from such dramatic evaporation of interest of course.

Nonsense, Fifa and Pro Evo are doing just fine.

1 minute ago, Dr Jinx said:

It needs a few tweaks. I mean, the whole offside by a toenail is just stupid. There should be a tolerance level.

It also shouldn’t be reviewed by existing referees, it’s like the police force, they’ll rarely go against an on-field decision. It needs to be a highly trained independent panel per game.

We've had some decisions go our way that wouldn’t have in previous years and I guess also a few iffy ones too.

Its new, needs time to get it right.

Even just reading that made me bored by it, as if VAR provides some sort of incredible, gripping excitement we can't live without. Football is great because it's human. We managed fine before, and it was fun. Ripping the spontaneity away is not conducive to getting youngsters invested.

25 minutes ago, jdckelly said:

theres always a section of idiots in any fanbase who will go along with whatever the club is doing

Very true if it was our support the figures would be no better. Would not surprise me if they would be even worse to be honest 

51 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Same, but I'm hoping that's ones who hadn't paid much attention or not that into football. "European Super League? Super you say? Aye sounds good."

Edited by Inferior Acuña

2 minutes ago, toontownman said:

What's Klopp said exactly post game that's pissed everyone off? Thought his pre game comments were praised?

Just more of the incoherent, overly defensive hot air we've become used to, including a random swipe at Neville, rather than properly addressing/commenting on the only significant issue. 

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Just more of the incoherent, overly defensive hot air we've become used to, including a random swipe at Neville, rather than addressing the most/only significant issue. 

and saying merseyside reds owners are good guys which is clearly false