Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

58 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour.  Even if they're not doing any training surely they should be reviewing the previous game and receiving instructions on how they're planning to play against the next.

6 minutes ago, ikri said:

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour.  Even if they're not doing any training surely they should be reviewing the previous game and receiving instructions on how they're planning to play against the next.

This is what happens when you leave a dead man walking responsible for things, though. 'i couldn't really give a fuck lads, I'm gone in a week or two. Do what you like'

That's the real reason he has to go for me. Jones has every chance of surviving a cull in a coaching role and still has something to work for. Bruce has seen the writing on the wall and knows what the payoff is, he has zero incentive to perform to any standard whatsoever and I guess would probably prefer that they just expedite this shit and get it over with.

Edited by OpenC

6 minutes ago, ikri said:

The VHS player at the training ground is probably broke 

I can't for the life of me understand why the consortium think the best thing for the club is for Bruce to come in tomorrow and take training.

The number of days off is just bizarre and borderline negligent, he just wants his pay off so they just need to give it him.

As bad as Bruce is, if he's in charge on Saturday the consortium have inexplicably written off 6 points from 2 winnable games and we can't afford that given our precarious league position.

39 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

I can't for the life of me understand why the consortium think the best thing for the club is for Bruce to come in tomorrow and take training.

The number of days off is just bizarre and borderline negligent, he just wants his pay off so they just need to give it him.

As bad as Bruce is, if he's in charge on Saturday the consortium have inexplicably written off 6 points from 2 winnable games and we can't afford that given our precarious league position.

Borderline? He's flying in the face of negligence with one finger up on each hand :lol:

1 hour ago, OpenC said:

This is what happens when you leave a dead man walking responsible for things, though. 'i couldn't really give a fuck lads, I'm gone in a week or two. Do what you like'

That's the real reason he has to go for me. Jones has every chance of surviving a cull in a coaching role and still has something to work for. Bruce has seen the writing on the wall and knows what the payoff is, he has zero incentive to perform to any standard whatsoever and I guess would probably prefer that they just expedite this shit and get it over with.

By all accounts the dead man walking tag doesn't help but lets not kid ourselves here, Bruce has been this bad at his job from the start, it was just papered over by some fantastic individual performances previously. The rot has well and truly set in now and the luck has run out, the players are criminally unfit, uncoached and the team has no discernible style/approach to games. At this point we probably stand a better chance if he does stop trying.

2 minutes ago, Dancing Brave said:

He should be put on "gardening leave" for the rest of his contract...but actually have to do gardening, something like digging up the town moor :laugh:

I said something similar but, as someone else pointed out, his contract is set up in such a way that it just goes on forever.  Ashley's final kick in the nuts.

Just now, nufcjb said:

It's not happening today is it? 

Not likely, but it does seem like we might have someone in before the Palace game if it's true that we are in second round of talks with prospective candidates. I think we are nearing end game.