Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, Robster said:

There has been absolutely nothing come out since all this legal action started. It's been as water tight as you can get.
There's no way, all of a sudden, that someone has just blabbed to him how arbitration is going to go. 
Right or wrong, he'll always be a sad cunt and his life, whilst pointless anyway, would be even more so without this takeover.

It's actually a theme of football journalists tbh. Creating some sort of troll schtick to give meaning to their sad little lives. Barry Glendenning does it on football weekly too, and then claims to be tired of all the twitter aggro and football nonsense. Perhaps watching and commenting on football as your job is just an incredibly dull, unfulfilling, pointless job...

I think the best Luke Edwards tweet was when he said its completely over and that Ashley has given up on the sale or some bollocks. Literally hours later the club release a statement saying Ashley is starting legal matters and wants the sale done 😂

2 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

I think the best Luke Edwards tweet was when he said its completely over and that Ashley has given up on the sale or some bollocks. Literally hours later the club release a statement saying Ashley is starting legal matters and wants the sale done 😂

So 9am tomorrow morning, takeover completed?

Can anyone actually genuinely imagine and picture PIF owning us and Staveley running the club etc as I can’t at all

I will be stunned if we aren’t kicking off next season with Ashley as owner and Bruce in the dugout. Stunned @Rocker

Edited by CalmintheChaos

20 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

thing is though, he was right once before when he said it was in trouble, and low and behold they pulled out. I reckon he probably does have a source on the anti-Saudi side but whether we can trust anything he says in his tweets is something else entirely. Only thing for certain is he’s an absolute invertebrate. 

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day.

If it is off and has no chance of happening, I hope we do hear soon so that I can just stop watching all football (other than Sunday league) and put myself out of my misery with this.

What’s the point in watching NUFC as it is? When we finally get a glimmer of hope it is snatched away. I will be totally done. 

6 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

If it is off and has no chance of happening, I hope we do hear soon so that I can just stop watching all football (other than Sunday league) and put myself out of my misery with this.

What’s the point in watching NUFC as it is? When we finally get a glimmer of hope it is snatched away. I will be totally done. 

Aye I can see it now it’s just going to trickle on like this over the whole summer. Ashley can also use it as justification to only get free transfers and loans and keep Bruce here. Not that he’d care about justifying that but it will still fool plenty in our fanbase enough to buy another season ticket.

Edited by CalmintheChaos

Guest HTT II

Edwards is a fucking grade A wanker troll who knows nothing, whatever he tweets is click bait and designed to continue some kind of discourse with fans and those interested in this simply for vanity, ‘hits’ and to be seen to be in the know when again he knows fuck all. When it suddenly materialises that what he’s tweeted turns out to be 100% wrong he will tweet, things have turned and new developments have materialised and when we do get taken over, he will say this and that transpired in the end to turn things back in our favour. Best ignore the cunt. He’s about as in the know as the old HTT on a Friday at 3.00pm. FWIW I’m 100% confident still! 

5 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Edwards is a fucking grade A wanker troll who knows nothing, whatever he tweets is click bait and designed to continue some kind of discourse with fans and those interested in this simply for vanity, ‘hits’ and to be seen to be in the know when again he knows fuck all. When it suddenly materialises that what he’s tweeted turns out to be 100% wrong he will tweet, things have turned and new developments have materialised and when we do get taken over, he will say this and that transpired in the end to turn things back in our favour. Best ignore the cunt. He’s about as in the know as the old HTT on a Friday at 3.00pm. FWIW I’m 100% confident still! 

Isnt it Friday tomorrow? :bluestar:

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, Rosenrot said:

I hate to say it but Edwards is probably right. :(

Mauritius Or whatever he/it is called says alreet?!

If I were looking to acquire a PL club after the last week or so, I'd wait to see who wanted to sell up of the so-called 'big six' teams, now they know the ESL cash cow they've been chasing is practically dead in a ditch. Might be a deal to be had there.

1 minute ago, elbee909 said:

If I were looking to acquire a PL club after the last week or so, I'd wait to see who wanted to sell up of the so-called 'big six' teams, now they know the ESL cash cow they've been chasing is practically dead in a ditch. Might be a deal to be had there.

But if the premier league won’t let PIF buy Newcastle so why would they then let them buy another premier league team 

Just now, ED209 said:

But if the premier league won’t let PIF buy Newcastle so why would they then let them buy another premier league team 

Maybe arbitration went really well and they are clear to buy the club, and have been for some time. 

1 hour ago, Ben said:

Some people are saying his source is Jacobs, who's source is that daft premier league spread sheet that said nowt.

Yes. Reading his tweets, it’s pretty obvious he’s just latched on to Jacobs’ non-information. 

Basically, Ben Jacobs picks up semi-reliable whiffs of confidence from the PL side and then Luke picks up whiffs of Ben’s dinner. 

The bald turd knaas nowt.

Edited by Candi_Hills