Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

8 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

We submitted evidence contesting the Premier League's jurisdiction claim. The Premier League would usually have 1 week to reply but they wanted an additional week which they've been given to respond to Ashley's counterclaim. Both claims get heard at a hearing later 

So by submitting evidence, we gave the PL an opportunity to delay the process even further. Marvellous.

1 minute ago, Wandy said:

So by submitting evidence, we gave the PL an opportunity to delay the process even further. Marvellous.

Had no choice though as it wouldn’t have looked good if we hadn’t countered their reasons for wanting the case chucked out. 

Guest reefatoon

It’s crazy how much they are fighting this takeover. That in itself just leaves you feeling very suspicious of it all. Something just isn’t right in all of this.

2 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

It’s crazy how much they are fighting this takeover. That in itself just leaves you feeling very suspicious of it all. Something just isn’t right in all of this.

thumb_are-we-the-baddies-u-s-border-patr

2 minutes ago, Wandy said:

So what next. The PL appeal against the appeal? Then we appeal against the appeal of the appeal?  :lol:

I think this is one is the reasons for the club and Staveley coming out. If I was Ashley I would just start releasing the stuff he has to his chosen newspapers bit by bit, fuck them 

Well this is different because it involves money. If they lose this case they stand to pay Mike Ashley millions. I can understand them using all available time to prepare the best case they can.

I would imagine if this becomes obvious to them that there is a risk of a large financial penalty coming their way, they will settle.

Actually, I’m more optimistic about the whole thing now than I was earlier. We were all working off an assumption that we had won the jurisdiction and that now if was going to be about it being behind closed doors which would have been terrible.

But we’re actually not there yet. The case is still live and I would imagine the judge/president will be a little annoyed at the constant requests for more time considering the club are in the same process but have not asked for this at any stage.

It’s also occurred to me that tying the PL up in all of this weakens their preparation time for the arbitration case too.

26 minutes ago, Wandy said:

So the PL didnt actually meet the deadline of the 28th did they? They applied for an extension two days late.

The 28th was when Ashley's company responded to the PL's jurisdiction application. The PL's subsequent reply to that was originally due today, but it has now been extended to the 12 (a seven day extention).

8 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

So bloody boring, this.

Totally agree. The PL are never going to let this happen . Sooner we accept it the better. Just like Rafa not coming back , good stuff never happens to us .

Forget NUFC , it's better for your health and pocket .

Guest reefatoon

Love how they only handed out tiny fines to the arsehole 6 because they would deem it “unfair” on the fans for any stiffer penalty. Yet here we are, practically a year and a half down the line being shafted by these same bastard people. Bunch of utter cunts and corrupt as fuck.

Edited by reefatoon

Is that the same Keith that said he never wanted to do another one of wraiths show again at the very start of this? Didn't like the publicity?

Sorry like but get on the knacker pile will wraith for me.

Just looking through the PL accounts, it seems they really can’t afford to have any sort of financial judgement go against them.

They have about 1.5 million cash in the bank, the rest of what they get in gets passed on to member clubs.

You think they are going to be happy to share a 300m penalty between them to stop a takeover?

16 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Mint. We’re going to be on GB News. 

I’ve seen their viewing figures. I refuse to believe hundreds of people have been asking for this.