PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

I didnt like what the club had become so I walked away, if I dont like what the new club becomes then ill walk away again.

But the takeover at least gives me a chance to walk back again, walk up the steps and see the floodlights/grass again. Cant fucking wait!

15 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I can relate to @ponsaelius, particularly re the non-league stuff, but nufc and Ashley occupies my thoughts constantly. It feels incredible this evening, and it'll be very emotional when it presumably gets announced. So much heartache reaching a pretty incredible crescendo.

But I can totally respect anyone who can't just turn the tap back on. It might take a bit of time but the important thing is that you can let it take time, if it needs to. Ashley will be gone and, hopefully, something more closely resembling the NUFC we used to love will be there waiting for you when you're ready. 

Howay the fucking lads, see you on the other side. 

love this

12 minutes ago, Shak said:

I wonder what he did with all that extra free time.

Probably speaks 8 languages and is a world class violinist.

Made Daniela Westbrook look like an amateur.

I literally feel completely overwhelmed. If this comes off, it'll feel like Newcastle United is unchained, we, the protestors are unchained, and finally can go back to giving 110% to show the world why Newcastle upon Tyne is the capital of the universe. 

7 minutes ago, triggs said:

My thoughts exactly

Same.

I’m happy that so many people are giddy as fuck. Genuinely delighted for everyone.

I’m as numb to it as I was before though. Cheering on an NUFC financed by sportswashing murderers is honestly not something I can see myself doing. That’s no judgment on others for wanting to… like I say I’m happy that others are happy.

Just now, Smal said:

Same.

I’m happy that so many people are giddy as fuck. Genuinely delighted for everyone.

I’m as numb to it as I was before though. Cheering on an NUFC financed by sportswashing murderers is honestly not something I can see myself doing. That’s no judgment on others for wanting to… like I say I’m happy that others are happy.

Just wait until we're in a position to prevent other small clubs from being taken over.

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Throwback reference, I’m a fan. That disappearing septum was hot topic in drug circles of the early naughties,

Random but I remember people saying the shit sniff was cut with powdered bleach [emoji38]

I am conflicted too, but christ there is no ethics in big money sport we all know what it's about. Even if it is dirty money also see if they follow through on investment in the area...I won't pretend I'm not happy, but I also know footballer would be a better place without the man city and chelseas and now maybe us of teh world, but unfortunately they exist and at least we get a bit of the rollercoaster ride that's not crashing permanently into a sewer for once

Edited by Tiresias

I'm sure, like many, my levels of joy/disappointment in the (almost certain) new owners are directly tied to the manner in which they attempt to build the club and achieve success. If the statements so far about really investing from the ground up are true then that's an amazing win in my book. If they look to buy the league in 2 years with overpaid mercenaries it will be incredibly bittersweet.

There are a lot of ownerships I wouldn't be happy about, tbh, much of the business world absolutely shits on society without thought for consequence. This is obviously at the extreme end of the spectrum and I'd say I'm uncomfortable about it but feel like I can rationalise certain elements to a point, particularly as my sister lives in the Middle East and talks about some of the good signs of progression (albeit very slow in some areas).

Though, one thing I selfishly think to help get past this is that this is an opportunity for the region as well as the club. From what I've seen, the group want to build the club sustainably, but they seemingly want to invest in local communities and some level of infrastructure. How they go about doing this will really influence how I feel about them.

I've made my peace with the ethics of this to be honest, maybe that makes me a terrible person given my usual political leanings [emoji38] I'm not going to feel personally responsible for the actions of Saudi Arabia because I cheer some goals going in on a Saturday, and certainly not by some doylems who've decided that the Saudis buying a football club is suddenly the line in the sand for football/society.  

Edited by TheHoob

5 minutes ago, TheHoob said:

I've made my peace with the ethics of this to be honest, maybe that makes me a terrible person given my usual political leanings [emoji38] I'm not going to feel personally responsible for the actions of Saudi Arabia because I cheer some goals going in on a Saturday, and certainly not by some doylems who've decided that the Saudis buying a football club is suddenly the line in the sand for football/society.  

Football crossed the morality line a long time ago. 

3 minutes ago, TheHoob said:

The only way to ever transform countries and leaders of countries to adopt (what we consider to be) more civilised behaviours, is by talking to them, trading with them, and 'bringing them in' from the cold.

That really is the only real way to transform them, though it may take a while.

I have to also say that if (at the same time) they can invest a lot of money in our football club . . . then it is a W I N / W I N !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I teach lots of Saudis so this will be great conversation material, actually :lol:

Might start offering private classes teaching the history of the club, charge extortionate prices.

GrandFastHyena-size_restricted.gif