Changes you'd like the new owners to make

toon25

Playing side (players/manager/coaches)

Training ground

Stadium

In that order of priority but not much can be done about the players till January when I'd expect to see at least 3 players capable of going straight into the starting 11.

New manager immediately. It's the most important and most urgent appointment they need to make. Other things can wait a few weeks or months. Change in the dugout is the only decision that matters right now. 

2 minutes ago, midds said:

New manager immediately. It's the most important and most urgent appointment they need to make. Other things can wait a few weeks or months. Change in the dugout is the only decision that matters right now. 

Yeah, really the only question for me should be whether they'll hire someone short term to get us through the season and then get their man in or if they want to make the long term appointment now.

God I really wish Rafa had held on. Would love to know how he feels right now, he must wonder about what could have been.

Probably all of the following has been said, but:

Bring a new, competent, likeable manager in.

Improve the training ground or build a new one.

Revamp, modernise and if possible expand SJP, bring it into the 2020s.

Improve the academy in regards to coaching, players brought through, etc.

Improve communication with the fans.

Rename NINE to Shearer's.

Bring back in people like Shearer, Keegan et al and offer them roles at the club, non footballing ones though.

45 minutes ago, Shak said:

Yeah, really the only question for me should be whether they'll hire someone short term to get us through the season and then get their man in or if they want to make the long term appointment now.

God I really wish Rafa had held on. Would love to know how he feels right now, he must wonder about what could have been.

Aye it's a pity, like. Needn't have waited that much longer in the scheme of things. Not that I blame him. 

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Aye it's a pity, like. Needn't have waited that much longer in the scheme of things. Not that I blame him. 

Must have thought this wasn't gonna happen or surely he'd have held off.

Everton is a pretty great spot too for him tbf given his family and all that.

2 minutes ago, Shak said:

Must have thought this wasn't gonna happen or surely he'd have held off.

Everton is a pretty great spot too for him tbf given his family and all that.

And the lovely fans. 

1 minute ago, rickyprickles said:

The signs will be down before the next match, aye? 

Hope so but wouldnt be surprised if he nade it a condition that the SD stuff stayed in place till at least the end of the season.

There's a few immediate priorities:

Resolve the manager situation - If Bruce is going, the decision needs to be made tomorrow. I dislike the guy, but it would be poor and amateurish if we replicated the treatment McClaren experienced when he took training sessions for about a week, even when we were searching around for a replacement.

Install a proper football governance structure - I can't recall if Newcastle has ever really had a proper football operation in place, but under Ashley it was clearly skeletal. It's reassuring that the Reubens and Staveley have positions on the board, but the club needs figures with significant experience of footballing affairs. A director of football is essential, especially when the club is going to be experiencing absolutely intense scrutiny on and off the pitch for the foreseeable.

Stadium refurbishment - The concourses may take a bit of time to refurb, but the Sports Direct signs and exterior of the stadium can all be handled immediately. 

Fan engagement - Outline a communications strategy, engagement with NUST and other representative fan bodies, ensure flags and other stadium displays are welcomed. Engage with the Food Bank and Newcastle United Foundation.

Reconnect with legends - Keegan, Shearer immediately spring to mind. Iconic figures that should be embraced as lifelong ambassadors to the club. A presentation before the Spurs game would also be great and would elevate the atmosphere up an extra notch. Also invite Rob Lee, Given, Sir Les, Ginola, Jonas etc.

I wonder what you do with deadwood, pay up their contract to let them go? Offer them up for dirt cheap? Loan out and supplement wages for life of contract? Deregister the player to free up squad places. When your rich it doesn't matter except helps balance the books for FFP but needs to be done to make way for possibly 3 or 4 quality Jan additions? 

1 hour ago, nufcjmc said:

I wonder what you do with deadwood, pay up their contract to let them go? Offer them up for dirt cheap? Loan out and supplement wages for life of contract? Deregister the player to free up squad places. When your rich it doesn't matter except helps balance the books for FFP but needs to be done to make way for possibly 3 or 4 quality Jan additions? 

Glue Factory.