Changes you'd like the new owners to make

toon25

1 minute ago, aa5773 said:

But most world class players would choose big city like London, Paris, Madrid, Manchester, than living in small (but I believe beautiful) city like Newcastle. We would have a hard time attracting world class players, but if we can give them the choice of living in London it could be much easier.

They're going to love the travelling to every home game aren't they? Absolutely makes no sense. Sorry, if the players aren't happy to live in or around Newcastle then they aren't welcome here 

1 minute ago, aa5773 said:

But most world class players would choose big city like London, Paris, Madrid, Manchester, than living in small (but I believe beautiful) city like Newcastle. We would have a hard time attracting world class players, but if we can give them the choice of living in London it could be much easier.

The players who would prefer to live in Newcastle or the wider North East region will be those who are worth buying.

Get rid of Sodexo and bring in local food and drink manufacturers.

Obviously you'd still need a selection of generic shite but having the likes of Meat:Stack, Dicksons, Wylam Brewery and Full Circle available in the concourses would be incredible.

Just now, Sima said:

Obviously you'd still need a selection of generic shite but having the likes of Meat:Stack, Dicksons, Wylam Brewery and Full Circle available in the concourses would be incredible.

little things like this make a club. 

3 hours ago, Sima said:

Omg yes!

I know Huddersfield have magic Rock and spurs have Beaver.

On 09/10/2021 at 23:34, aa5773 said:

We are a very large City, the centre of the 7th largest conurbation in the entire UK.

The oft-mentioned "myth" about us being a small City was originaly said to describe our "City Centre", which is a 'compact' centre for such a large City, but over time the word 'centre' often got omitted.

Population of Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Edited by manorpark

On 09/10/2021 at 23:14, aa5773 said:

I think we should build a new state of the art stadium with at least 80.000 capacity. The current one St. James's Park is too old and out of date. The current stadium is inappropriate for club as rich as Newcastle. Tear down the old one and build the new one on the same spot. I believe with the Reubens, it would be no problem to buy out the surrounding land.

I also agree that we should build new state the art training ground near London, so our new players could live in London. Make them more happy.

Stop talking bollox👍🏻

13 hours ago, manorpark said:

We are a very large City, the centre of the 7th largest conurbation in the entire UK.

The oft-mentioned "myth" about us being a small City was originaly said to describe our "City Centre", which is a 'compact' centre for such a large City, but over time the word 'centre' often got omitted.

Population of Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Interesting! The local news here says one of the great things about NUFC is that the whole city backs it up ( it is mentioned that the population is 300,000) so am confused in terms of population numbers?

On 10/10/2021 at 01:36, ponsaelius said:

Can we ban these weird proto gloryhunters? It's only gonna get worse from here. 

So you wanna be the richest club in the world AND you're upset because of glory-hunters??

You are gonna have glory-hunters .. international fans .. and of course, Saudis (but there aren't many of us)

2 hours ago, Saudi Magpie said:

Interesting! The local news here says one of the great things about NUFC is that the whole city backs it up ( it is mentioned that the population is 300,000) so am confused in terms of population numbers?

If the London Metropolitan Area was carved up into 4 or 5 different cities the way the Newcastle Metropolitan Area is, then it would never be included in the rankings of the worlds biggest cities.

That is the trouble here, we are one big conurbation, there is no break in it, yet we are 'split up' for Local Authority purposes into Newcastle, North Tyneside, South East Northumberland, Gateshead, South Tyneside. Random 'Local Authority Boundaries' cutting through streets and between peoples houses. These artificial 'boundaries' are only there for shared out provision of Local Authority Services etc, it is such a self-defeating anomoly, which (sadly) also encourages ultra-local parochiality.

Within the official share of the population inside the current City Boundary, there are indeed circa 300,000 people, a large number but not really reflective of reality.

Most national and international businesses (eg retailers) always use more realistic and accurate City figures such as those at the link I quoted above, in making their decisions about whether to open here, or not.   

Edited by manorpark

There's some really great suggestions in this thread and, I dunno about anyone else, I get the impression from the new owners that they're genuine about engaging with supporters, and would probably even like to hear about this sort of stuff. 

With that in mind, a couple of us (me n @HUGZ :laugh:) have been thinking that it could be worthwhile actually putting something in writing from Newcastle-Online to the club. I think that this place is one of the better representations of Newcastle fans on the internet because, though not everyone aligns on every subject (why/how could they?), there's a common thread in that everyone just wants what is best for the club. For that reason I see no reason as to why we can't think big and introduce ourselves to the hierarchy, particularly at this moment when Staveley et al have fan engagement very high on their agenda. 

Additionally, I've seen a couple of posts from different members - each of which have got a bunch of likes - about bringing the website back, or something along these lines. Doing stuff under the N-O moniker that is positive and effectively reveling in the delight of being in a post-Ashley era. Not talking about any changes to the forum itself; just adding something additional. Engaging with the club could be the first step on that road?

If there's no obvious reason not to write to the club, is there anything else that people think we should include in the message? And regarding the prospect of perhaps creating a bit of light-hearted content under the N-O banner, is there anyone who'd fancy being involved and/or bringing one or two ideas to the table? 

Brilliant idea, @Yorkie. Letter to the club and website return. As for ideas, not a clue. Would need to think about context of what the website is trying to accomplish to make it worthwhile. It’s not news reporting, is it opinion pieces? Spotlight on the fan base near and far? Idk.  

Good questions from Kanji, you’d probably want to do some strategy work before you launched anything. Interesting since we’re kind of a collective of fans rather than any kind of established publication or organisation. Probably has advantages as well TBF. 

Happy to offer any help I can, I do content strategy, content design and editing/writing for work. 

18 minutes ago, Rocker said:

We'd be daft not to have some sort of Youtube content or a podcast. I listened to that Liverpool one yesterday that @Wullielinked and we have a wealth of knowledge on NUFC and football in general that I think new supporters would love.

This would be great NUFC chat without giant egos trying to create a social media following or become influencers. 

So many guys on here have been the ‘foot soldiers’ for various boycotts, SP and AO. As well as some excellent content elsewhere. 

I feel TF have a bit of a monopoly on everything at the moment, and Steve Wraith’s group don’t offer much either. 

The club should be for everyone and I’m convinced a podcast/website/YouTube channel would be a tremendous success.

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

This would be great NUFC chat without giant egos trying to create a social media following or become influencers. 

Yep, no egos, a diverse panel, no tacky adverts. Winner.