Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

4 hours ago, Yorkie said:

I said immediately after that game that I was a bit disappointed with him cos he wasn't giving us any sort of edge at all. Turns out that was totally wrong, and that edge has been gained on the training ground and through fashioning this incredibly functional 4-3-3.

Play well and win, play badly and win - the edge is definitely there now. 

The Edge is fine.

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Think you’re going a bit far like, Keegan is in a league of his own for me, with Bobby in a league of his own after. Keegan wasn’t just a revolutionary figure for the club but just a man of pure class. I think Eddie has some of those classy qualities and if he wins something for us and stays for years he could prove to be right up there but let’s give him a few seasons first 

I was kinda thinking in line with Kev saving us from league 2 relegation and it was just onwards and upwards thereafter.

Eddie has a long way to go to become a club legend but he’s well on his way.

He puts the work in and it shows. 

I also appreciate how his message doesn't change. We're in great form and he could be lapping it up like some of our former managers would. Instead he doubles down and preaches the need for the same level of hard work, focus, and commitment. We've heard a few players - most notably Ryan Fraser - talk about the level of detail that goes into our preparation and I'm delighted.

Interesting comments from Howe post match, saying how aware they where that we have 4 consecutive away games coming so they knew how important it was to win. Think it explains the second half performance a bit more, and hopefully that pressure is released on Thursday.

The man never has and never will rest on his laurels. It's not in his nature. None of this "letting our hair down" before a 0-5 howking like Pardew or taking massive credit for an occasional win and threatening reporters like Bruce. He's a workaholic and we're incredibly lucky to have him. There may come a time in the future when we need more to make the big leap, but i'd like to think he could be our boss for many years to come and we can achieve our goals with him and nobody would deserve it more.

Edited by LionOfGosforth

The run we've been on have been mostly without our marquee signings too of Bruno and Trippier

He's done so well to get a tune out of the same squad that struggled so much at the start of the season with additional signings which wouldn't have looked out of place in the Ashley era (Wood, Burn, Targett). That's not to disrespect those players but it's not like we've bought our way out of trouble by signing superstars, it's still majority the same squad

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

The run we've been on have been mostly without our marquee signings too of Bruno and Trippier

He's done so well to get a tune out of the same squad that struggled so much at the start of the season with additional signings which wouldn't have looked out of place in the Ashley era (Wood, Burn, Targett). That's not to disrespect those players but it's not like we've bought our way out of trouble by signing superstars, it's still majority the same squad

Yeah, it's a bit annoying seeing comments like impact of money or thay we've bought ourselves out of trouble 

The signings as you say aren't anything out of the ordinary but it's improving the existing players that's been key 

Very good chance that once he finished the match, press duties, he’s had his post match meal and he’s already analyzing the match today either on his own or with the back room team and analysts. Unreal stuff. He’s focused every bit of waking hours to keeping us up in the PL. What a man. He’s doing that for us, our club, his players, and the trust the owners gave him.

And the PFM friendly press tried to hound this guy out of football? Fuck off man.

Love Eddie. 

I have been so impressed with his mentality and his approach to things. After all the talk when he was hired of his inability to coach defence - and after that crazy 3-3 with Brentford - I was concerned about how he would coach and whether he had evolved in his methods. But he has shown without a doubt how much he’s improved as a coach, we are so much more competent in every phase of the game. We defend with a purpose and with composure, even without Trippier or having bought our preferred CBs. 

I remember Klopp, I think it was, talking about his team being a “mentality monster” and it seems to me that Howe has us headed in that direction. We are hard to play against but we also retain a creative outlet going forward. Even under Rafa, we often didn’t do both. We seem to have belief and composure. He has raised the level of play from everyone and eased the pressure that was all-consuming. Unbelievable professionalism. 

I think he’s a great fit, his attitude and even-tempered nature help to keep the lid on what can be a boiling atmosphere at the club. He deserves a lot of credit and I think he can grow as a manager alongside us as a club. Terrific job.

Mental that “the bloke who got Bournemouth relegated” is doing a job that the fat, odious cunt who has somehow shithoused their way to managing 1000 off games could only dream of. 

Another lead turned into a win, pretty much without any risk of an equalizer. No saves by Dubs, shots off the post, folk tripping up when clear through etc.

Up to the dizzy heights of 1.6 points a game where we take the lead. Still comfortably bottom three, but now above Burnley and Leeds.

I didn't notice before the game, but Brighton have won 7 out of 8 when taking the lead, so it was important to get that first goal.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/premier-league/punktenachfuehrung/wettbewerb/GB1/saison_id/2021/spiele/alle/plus/1

9 hours ago, The Prophet said:

He's class. Sadly, the mainstream press will tell us that we bought our way out of bother.

Mainstream press are tying themselves into knots and will continue to do so.   I read their comments/articles then I go on NUFC tv and twitter and search out the crowd videos etc.   Something is building here again, it has the same feeling as the start of the Keegan era.   This time though, we have shed loads of money to follow through.   

Survive this season, and some of the mainstream press will realise that NUFC is going to be a top 6 club and they will start to ease up on the criticism because they want to be in on the ride.

Its exciting and the buzz in the town on match days is the best Ive witnessed for 20 years!

That last sentence is just insane as its only 4 months ago that we were really in the shit!  Howe is a genius and long may he continue!

Edited by Awaymag

24 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

Mainstream press are tying themselves into knots and will continue to do so.   I read their comments/articles then I go on NUFC tv and twitter and search out the crowd videos etc.   Something is building here again, it has the same feeling as the start of the Keegan era.   This time though, we have shed loads of money to follow through.   

Survive this season, and some of the mainstream press will realise that NUFC is going to be a top 6 club and they will start to ease up on the criticism because they want to be in on the ride.

Its exciting and the buzz in the town on match days is the best Ive witnessed for 20 years!

That last sentence is just insane as its only 4 months ago that we were really in the shit!  Howe is a genius and long may he continue!

Have to agree about the match day buzz. Walking to the ground at about half 2 (would normally be in at 3pm on the dot for starters) after a pint in The Mayfair and everyone was singing the new Bruno chant, EIEIEIO etc. Only normally get that on derby day but it’s every home game now. Everyone bang up for it.