The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

What a turnaround :lol:

I can't remember which game but I was absolutely convinced we were done. Will have to look back at my post in here to see which one it was.

Happy for Howe as much as myself honestly, the Brewce brigade in the media would've been unbearable if we'd gone down. "Steve would've kept them up"

15 minutes ago, Chicane said:

What a turnaround :lol:

I can't remember which game but I was absolutely convinced we were done. Will have to look back at my post in here to see which one it was.

Happy for Howe as much as myself honestly, the Brewce brigade in the media would've been unbearable if we'd gone down. "Steve would've kept them up"

Probably Watford equalising. We looked dead and buried at that point. 

1 hour ago, Nobody said:

Probably Watford equalising. We looked dead and buried at that point. 

Yes, and the reason was that we had dropped deeper and deeper like Bruceball. It looked like Watford would score 15 minutes before they did. "Lingering smell", "ingrained losing mentality", call it what you like. This was off the back of the Cambridge defeat the week before.

The big turnaround was the Shelvey goal at Leeds. That meant the lads went off to the break in Saudi on a positive note. During that break is also when the signings were made.

1 hour ago, Stottie said:

Yes, and the reason was that we had dropped deeper and deeper like Bruceball. It looked like Watford would score 15 minutes before they did. "Lingering smell", "ingrained losing mentality", call it what you like. This was off the back of the Cambridge defeat the week before.

The big turnaround was the Shelvey goal at Leeds. That meant the lads went off to the break in Saudi on a positive note. During that break is also when the signings were made.

You're right about the Leeds game for a multitude of reasons, 3 points, Saudi break and who knows how much it influenced some of our signings in the latter part of the transfer window.

Before Christmas everyone (pundits/fans) was saying it would be 3 from 4 to go down, including us in that.

Now it's arguably 3 from 6 to go down and we aren't one of those 6.

I wouldn't have included Brentford in that 6 if it weren't for the fact that they play 4 of the bottom 5 in their last 10 games. So if they don't win the majority of those the teams below then will catch up fairly quick.

Wolves are at 8th place with 43 points. Anything below them is achievable and hopefully we push on for the best we can place, with a bit of luck the top half. We don't need to look back anymore for sure.

Pressure is off. I'll finally stop safety betting against us when in a winning position. Lost around £100 on this run and happy to have done so. 

It'll take some getting used to, having some kind of expectation of a win or playing well. To be competitive and to actually enjoy a season from start to finish.

Howe has done a remarkable job. I had doubts when he was coming in, and a few more before the run (though I felt it was more bad luck than anything else) but delighted he's here and doing his thing. His next job after Bournemouth was always going to be a huge test for him and for everyone to find out what he's all about. We took a chance and found out his fucking magic. 

Next season is going to be epic.

On 11/03/2022 at 07:39, DebuchyAndTheBeast said:

It's funny reading posts from 3 months ago and now. What a difference some astute signings can make but most importantly a manager who isn't clueless. I feel stupid now for having doubted Eddie & Co.. :smitten:

Onwards and Upwards from now on 

Page 41 onwards certainly is an enjoyable interesting read in retrospect ;D