The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

5 minutes ago, UncleBuzzcocks said:

We should be praying for a Norwich win on Sunday. It’ll bring us right back in the shit if we get nothing from Wolves and Burnley win.

Such a weird way to look at it. We play first so how about hoping we win before worrying about Norwich v Burnley 

Still think the Burnley win was the worst scenario of the three, as I can definitely see them getting 10+ points from their final 9 games - a nice set too.

It would be glorious if Everton went down but do we really trust Man United and Leicester (x2), for example, to not be twats here?

We will pick up points. Even when we weren’t winning we were drawing games and picking up points. Reckon we will win at least 1 and draw 2 of the last 8 

Edited by gdm

24 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

If we play like we have done for last couple games you can still consider us in danger. Fridays game feels more important now that we don’t lose again.

You do remember we should have beat Chelsea and played amazingly.

Edited by Slim

4 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

Still think the Burnley win was the worst scenario of the three, as I can definitely see them getting 10+ points from their final 9 games - a nice set too.

It would be glorious if Everton went down but do we really trust Man United and Leicester (x2), for example, to not be twats here?

Good thing we have Leicester to play then.

11 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

Even if they do pick up points, another two of Leeds (2+), Burnley (7+) and Watford (9+) also need to pick up more points than us.

It’s just not going to happen. Even with tonight’s win, Burnley would need to get 50% of their points from their first 29 games, in 9 games to overhaul us.

One win and a draw and it’s almost guaranteed. Three of those teams won’t reach 35 points.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

26 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

They're fucked I think if they drop yeah. Already in FFP shit, have very few sellable assets and have shit players on big contracts and high wages that no one will want. Then they've got the stadium stuff going on as well. Absolutely knackered if they drop, definitely the worse run club in the league by far.

Aye that's exactly my read on it too.

Won't even be able to get a decent manager in after they've binned off Lampard either. 

I get the worry about Burnley, but the result also meant Everton losing and if Burnley go on a decent run, Everton also need to go on one that makes up 6 points on us, with Leeds also having a semi-decent run for us to be in danger. Honestly think another 3 points will be enough now. 

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Even if they do pick up points, another two of Leeds (2+), Burnley (7+) and Watford (22+) also need to pick up more points than us.

It’s just not going to happen. Even with tonight’s win, Burnley would need to get 50% of their points from their first 29 games, in 9 games to overhaul us.

One win and a draw and it’s almost guaranteed. Three of those teams won’t reach 35 points.

:thup: Bit of kneejerking going on. We've played 6 of our last 7 matches away from home, three of them sides currently in the top 6 and taken 10 points. Everton defeat was a game we never should've lost and the goal came in the 99th minute. 

We just need 4 points to guarantee it, I think we'll get 6 from the next 4. At least.

We're in at 14/1 to go down at 4 bookies at the moment - still a healthy position, but a lot different to what it was only 3 games ago when it was in and around 100/1. Burnley are generally 5/6, Everton 6/5.

It will come in further if we lose to Wolves on Friday.

Man U players have checked out, they have no reason to impress the current manager and a fair few of them could be leaving in the summer, I could easily see Everton and Burnley winning this weekend and Wolves sneaking a 0-1 against us.

29 minutes ago, Ben said:

Man U players have checked out, they have no reason to impress the current manager and a fair few of them could be leaving in the summer, I could easily see Everton and Burnley winning this weekend and Wolves sneaking a 0-1 against us.

That’s my fear this weekend, we’re absolutely toothless and currently can’t defend to save our lives 

10 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

That’s my fear this weekend, we’re absolutely toothless and currently can’t defend to save our lives 

Sunday was the only game we’d conceded more than once in a game since Christmas or something daft. Wolves are good but we’re not playing Kane & Son.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Sunday was the only game we’d conceded more than once in a game since Christmas or something daft. Wolves are good but we’re not playing Kane & Son.

I hope your right, but I really don’t see where our next point is coming from