The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

With all these signings, Ekitite and Targett just in as accepted, I'm at pretty much zero now.

Seventeen games to go, and we need 23 points for 38. W6-D5-L6 would do it. I can't see the others doing that. Last eight fixtures played, NUFC 9 points, Norwich 6, Burnley 5, Watford 1. And we're the one with half a new team.

With relatively easy fixtures coming up, the only issue is the new lads gelling quickly to make the most.

1 minute ago, Stottie said:

With all these signings, Ekitite and Targett just in as accepted, I'm at pretty much zero now.

Seventeen games to go, and we need 23 points for 38. W6-D5-L6 would do it. I can't see the others doing that. Last eight fixtures played, NUFC 9 points, Norwich 6, Burnley 5, Watford 1. And we're the one with half a new team.

With relatively easy fixtures coming up, the only issue is the new lads gelling quickly to make the most.

Wouldn't want to be in training this week - will be absolutely manic I would imagine.

I've been at a 6 for quite a while. But get these signings done, and maybe a loan (e.g. Lingard) and then, to be greedy, a centre back and that changes things a lot.

You wouldn't put it past any team at the bottom to go on a surprise run and get out of it. Happens every year. But there's a much bigger chance of it being us if we do all that.

Beat Everton on the 8th too and I'll be down to a 3. Maybe less.

Edited by Abacus

It doesn't bother me if we go down because this new squad will steamroller the Championship. We'll still have a full house every home game plus the parachute payments so the drop in finances should not be too severe. Then it's onwards and upwards

I don’t post in this thread anymore because my defence of voting for 1 seemed to aggravate people. Suffice to say I’m still at 1, and only because it’s silly (at this point) to say there’s no mathematical chance of going down.

Probably need 5 wins to secure safety. It's gonna be really tough I feel. I think we need a massive result against Everton and build some momentum.

Lose and I think it dampens the transfer enthusiasm and the realism of the task at hand sinks in again.