Leicester City vs. Newcastle United - 12/12/21 @ 2pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

1 hour ago, Conjo said:

The way results have gone today, is it too much asking for a win, and for Burnley and Palace to lose their games?

Think 3 away wins is pushing it. Hopefully we win and at least one other drops points. Think they probably both lose, anything for us tomorrow. I feel some confidence but not sure if its justified or not.

I'm actually excited for today now me like. The toon are on. Like fuck me. Excited for Leicester away when we're likely to be beaten. Odds against us. Come oot swinging.

Cannot even aim to explain (in my semi drunken state) how much these games seem like my footpath back to the normality of supporting my football club are. It's not quite back if I'm honest, not in it's entirety, but it's almost there.

I believe Eddie. I believe the players. I believe the owners. I believe the fans. Thingsbare starting to click and we're on the move. Newcastle is on the move. The most fuckong glorious palce on the planet.

Really looking forward to this and quite optimistic.

I don't know what's happening with them and that outbreak, but if they're struggling defensively, one way to shore it up would be to start defending from the front with Ayoze. He topped the defensive stats for strikers - tackles, interceptions, pressures etc. - by miles under Rafa, while still knocking in 23 in 65 games' worth of PL minutes during Rafa's time. It seems like he's out of favour there, something about a players' party during lockdown, and I'd be well up us resigning him, even though that's a bit unfair on Joelinton who's now free of the Cabbage and growing into a similar role.

Really think we need at least a point here - not for the league table as much as for morale given the games coming up.

I know we're not really expected to beat many of them, but we're on the up right now and a series of drubbings could turn that into reverse.

But something here, something at Everton, and some fighting performances against the rest would put us in decent shape come January.

This is a massive game. Real opportunity to close the gap on teams above us. But lose and it all looks a bit daunting with the fixtures coming up.

I can't get too carried away when I think about Vardy and Madison up against our flimsy defense.

Reckon btts is the banker bet here like.