Sven Botman

The Prophet

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

I think this is what many of us fans think. I don’t think it’s the case though. We choose what we want to believe and not I guess. Italian media is usually crap, but so is the English. Having said that, it seems like Botman prefers Milan when looking at it trying to be unbiased. So I think it’s odd to say that the Italian media do this because they can’t handle little old Newcastle beating them. They might very well be saying the truth when they say Botman prefers them. 

My post was fully tongue in cheek mate.. don't blame him for wanting g a move to Milan.

4 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

My post was fully tongue in cheek mate.. don't blame him for wanting g a move to Milan.

Fair enough mate, I quoted you but I was talking more in general because I’ve seen similar posts to yours. Really hard to know what is or isn’t going on :lol: I mean it’s easy to pint our fingers in the direction we want or choose, me included. We have no clue but it’s still interesting to discuss everything.

15 minutes ago, Ikon said:

I think this is what many of us fans think. I don’t think it’s the case though. We choose what we want to believe and not I guess. Italian media is usually crap, but so is the English. Having said that, it seems like Botman prefers Milan when looking at it trying to be unbiased. So I think it’s odd to say that the Italian media do this because they can’t handle little old Newcastle beating them. They might very well be saying the truth when they say Botman prefers them. 

“You can’t always get what you want, but if you try some Tyne, well you just might find, you’ll find you get what you need”

I saw him today at the Metro station, Boots and suitcases in hand

He was tired of all this situation, just needed somewhere other than Milan

He stood aghast as he heard them sing

“you can’t always get what you want,

you cant always get what you want

you can’t always get what you want

but it if you try some Tyne well you might just find, you get what you need” 

bring him home to where he’s most wanted, if he doesn’t come onto the next one!

btw we need a slow rousing one for this guy!

Edited by PauloGeordio

Possibly Giggs, but rooster guy says Milan have now agreed a fee with Lille for him (despite us offering more).

If that’s the case, it looks like the saga for this slow-motion cunt is reaching a conclusion.

“Newcastle is working on a great project and I thought it would be fun to be a part of it. Especially if you look at where Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain once started.”

Sounds like a man who's fucking seething about potentially joining us.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

“Newcastle is working on a great project and I thought it would be fun to be a part of it. Especially if you look at where Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain once started.”

Worrying.

1 hour ago, McCormick said:

Possibly Giggs, but rooster guy says Milan have now agreed a fee with Lille for him (despite us offering more).

If that’s the case, it looks like the saga for this slow-motion cunt is reaching a conclusion.

Galetti’s update is that they’ve agreed a €30m fee with the ownership group (Merlyn Partners) and the player wants to go to Milan. Lille are under investigation for the Merlyn - Elliott links (AC Milan’s soon to be former owners). 

However Elliott will soon be out of the way of Milan and you’d think any agreement would now have to be arms length - the Lille President knows this and that’s why he’s holding his ground with Milan. Potentially another €5-10m more which is worth digging in for.

Some details on the dodgy details:

https://football-italia.net/lequipe-elliott-put-milan-on-sale-after-suspicious-transfers-with-lille/amp/

Edited by Nucasol

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Sounds like a man who's fucking seething about potentially joining us.

"Unconvinced". 

I didn’t realise how uptight about this people are until I checked twitter - I know it isn’t a good barometer of fan feeling. 

I hope we get him, he’s looks really promising. If he prefers Milan over us it seems very clear to me why that would be the case. There’s people saying they don’t want him either way now [emoji38]

I’m sure if Milan can’t get the deal done he’d be happy to come here. I’m really calm about the whole thing. 

The fact that we're aiming for this calibre of player is great, but it also means that we'll lose out to some bigger fish along the way. There's no point in losing any sleep about it.

I have no idea which way this one is going, but I'm sure we'll know more when he finishes his international duties next week.  It does feel like propaganda from the Italian press today though.

If it’s true that his preference is Milan then you can hardly blame him, it also shows just how massive Bruno’s balls are that he agreed to come here during the situation in January. 

3 hours ago, McCormick said:

It’s not irony dweeb, it’s physics. You know how when things are further away they appear slower? That’s what’s happening here.

Look, if you think of your visual area as a cone, you see that it kinda starts small and grows with distance from your eyes. We tend to perceive speed as proportional to the time it takes to cross the circumference of this cone at the given distance. 

Therefore the further away Botman  is from us, the faster he’s got to move in order to have the same apparent speed. 

Ugh. There. I killed the joke.

good. kill the songwriting next.

Waiting out for Milans offer before making a final decision is very wise from him/his agent.

The club could agree a price with both us and Milan but the current waiting game will see him get the max salary he possibly can - pretty sure we'd offer him more £ but Milan have UCL and arguably the better lifestyle.

Also relaxed about it, enjoying being in the mix for this calibre of player!

I saw Sheyi Ojo got released from Liverpool today - Rafa couldn't get Mike to loan him just a few years ago.

18 minutes ago, Nine said:

If it’s true that his preference is Milan then you can hardly blame him, it also shows just how massive Bruno’s balls are that he agreed to come here during the situation in January. 

Honestly it's madness when you think of that transfer.

He's been sold a dream or he has balls the size of bowling balls, hopefully it's a bit of both.

From a Milan perspective, it all seems a bit strange. According to the Italian press, it's been a certainty for weeks, then when it comes to shit or get off the pot, they seem a bit hesitant. It's almost like they can't compete with our offer and they're trying to convince the player to join so they can low ball it.

Of course their takeover will have complicated things too.