More transfer rumours

midds

That's an article that comes from this set of questions:

"If Newcastle were not to sign another striker would you be upset"

Howe, not wanting to act like he's annoyed at the club and also to make players feel wanted

"No, if we can't get another striker in Callum will be brilliant number 9 for us next season"

I mean I think it was always likely that Wilson would be first choice centre forward - hence why we've been linked to young strikers and those that can also play wide. It definitely doesn't mean we won't sign another forward.

Wilson was always going to be first choice, but if we don't bring an attacker or striker in at all (I think we will btw) then this window has been a bit of a failure given how clearly imperative one was when last season ended due to Wilson's injury record and the quality of Wood.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

1 minute ago, Bompeter said:

If I see these Saudi Golf creeps spunk another £100m on some middle-aged divvy before we splash the cash for an elite striking talent it's PIF out for me like. 

Is this a joke? How fickle, it’s like you have forgotten the last 14 years already 

Quick someone help me out with something positive to say :lol:

Nah seriously could just be a case of they’ve decided to use the remaining ‘budget’ on a winger that can also play as a striker. 

2 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Is this a joke? How fickle, it’s like you have forgotten the last 14 years already 

Do I sound like I'm laughing, pal? They think nothing of blowing billions on some no-mark collection of golfers but are umming and ahing over our transfer business? They need to get their priorities straight, and quick. 

Edited by Bompeter

7 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Are we skint or something? 

We definitely aren’t bank rolled by the PIF that’s for sure. They maybe majority owners however the club is operating within its means. Money spent this season is the premier league money. Whether we actually speculate to accumulate remains to be seen. 

The noise at this moment in time seems to be tempering the expectations of fans. 

Clickbait reporting again based off Howe's interview and of course the usual meltdown results [emoji38]. Just wait until the end of the window and then start questioning if the required players have not been brought in. There's still nearly 6 weeks to go.

Edited by et tu brute

2 minutes ago, Bompeter said:

Do I sound like I'm laughing, pal? They think nothing of blowing billions on some no-mark collection of golfers but are umming and ahing over our transfer business? They need to get their priorities straight, and quick. 

Wow, were you asleep during the Ashley years? Get a grip of yourself and give your head a shake, they will spend what they spend, would you prefer we waste 100s of millions like Everton and end up in relegation battles or do things properly and not bent over and taken to town? 

Some of our fans are fickle imbeciles. 

9 minutes ago, Bompeter said:

If I see these Saudi Golf creeps spunk another £100m on some middle-aged divvy before we splash the cash for an elite striking talent it's PIF out for me like. 

You're purely and simply a WUM [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Clickbait reporting again based off Howe's interview and of course the usual meltdown results [emoji38]. Just wait until the end of the window and then start questioning if the required players have not been brought in. There's still nearly 6 weeks to go.

Tbf I was joking 

7 minutes ago, Bompeter said:

We are a small cog in the PIF machine they have loads of businesses