More transfer rumours

midds

2 minutes ago, PeepShow4life said:

Would much prefer Cornet or Sarr to Hudson-Odoi

Torn on that. I think CHO has a bigger upside but maybe that's rose tinted specs from a couple of years ago. I like his versatility too. Think Howe would get the best out of him.

Cornet is probably the most in form of the 3 and great experience prior to Burnley.

1 hour ago, LV said:

Yeah he doesn’t give a figure.

Here:

‘It is a building project. Same with Man City years ago. They built the right way and we will too. It would be easy to take over a club like ours and go to top top players. That won’t happen. We have to be realistic. It will take a few years. But it is only upwards now.

Trippier played well in a Newcastle side that lost 3-2 in a friendly to Benfica on Tuesday night. So what is a realistic hope for this season, after £140m of spending this year including Bruno Guimaraes and Sven Botman?

“This is a funny question.” he says. “I understand what the fans expect and demand. People have to realise the takeover has just happened. We just stayed up, well, comfortably in the end, but the position we were in in January….

"As a player I don’t want to get too far ahead. We need to keep building gradually. We know how far the club can go, but we know how demanding this Premier League is. You can't take anything for granted.

“For sure we don’t want to be in a relegation fight. Every game is tough. You want to finish top half of course! Minimum? You always want to set the standards high. Europe and all that… sometimes you have to be realistic, because the league is so powerful. But step by step we will get there, we just need a bit of patience’

I have seen a few people say we need to ‘build gradually like Man City’ and Trippier has said the same here, but that makes no sense to me as they went out and bought one of the hottest talents around on the day of their takeover :lol: 

All of the infrastructure and everything else absolutely, but they spent tens of millions every window on top talent.

£150m+ every year in their first three seasons which would be comparable to what now? It was far from slow building.

5 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I have seen a few people say we need to ‘build gradually like Man City’ and Trippier has said the same here, but that makes no sense to me as they went out and bought one of the hottest talents around on the day of their takeover :lol: 

All of the infrastructure and everything else absolutely, but they spent tens of millions every window on top talent.

£150m+ every year in their first three seasons which would be comparable to what now? It was far from slow building.

I mean, sure, they took over and bought Robinho on the first day. But yoiu have to remember, they came in with barely any time left that window. Literally the final few days. And with no FFP limitations. In Jan (when they were in a similar position to the one we found ourselves in this season) they bought Wayne Bridge, Shay Given, Craig Bellamy, and Nigel De Jong. Sure they went mad again the summer after. But again, no FFP. We will have to build gradually.

5 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

I mean, sure, they took over and bought Robinho on the first day. But yoiu have to remember, they came in with barely any time left that window. Literally the final few days. And with no FFP limitations. In Jan (when they were in a similar position to the one we found ourselves in this season) they bought Wayne Bridge, Shay Given, Craig Bellamy, and Nigel De Jong. Sure they went mad again the summer after. But again, no FFP. We will have to build gradually.

Got to keep in mind they were just taken over a year earlier too with lots of highly rated talents coming in two windows prior to ADUG coming in, and it took 4 seasons for them to break into the top 4.

1 hour ago, sushimonster85 said:

Was that the season where it surfaced that John Terry shagged his wife? :lol:

I mean, not funny, but kinda is. Terry is a prick of the highest order.

10 hours ago, midds said:

Fuck that shit, I want every single position filled (with proper backups) and I want it right now. Fuck your 'building', I want it all and I want it sorting this summer. I'm not prepared to wait. This is outrageous. 

All right Veruca Salt calm down 😂😂

8 hours ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

CHO is a fantastic footballer. Absolutely no surprise Chelsea apparently being after a buy back clause.

Maybe you've seen him a lot more than me but everytime I've seen him for Chelsea in the league he has looked out of place.

Doesn't seem to have much end product, I know he has played out of position a bit mind.

James Maddison would be a ridculously good signing. I say spend big on him, I can survive six-twelve months with Willock/Fraser/Almiron playing on the RW if we get Maddison.

Edited by Flip

Maddison is a very good player, but he's different from the other players that we've tried for this summer, and I'm not sure how we'd play him. I think he could play in a free role behind a striker, but that's not how we've been set up so far. The midfield 3 is a bit of a crowded area, and if we lack anything there, it's a more defensive player.

I like Maddison, but I think we'd have to build the team around him.

1 minute ago, Cronky said:

Maddison is a very good player, but he's different from the other players that we've tried for this summer, and I'm not sure how we'd play him. I think he could play in a free role behind a striker, but that's not how we've been set up so far. The midfield 3 is a bit of a crowded area, and if we lack anything there, it's a more defensive player.

I like Maddison, but I think we'd have to build the team around him.

Our midfield is definitely not a crowded area. We have only one who is a surefire starter in this league. If Joelinton can sustain his form this season then we have two. Whoever is the third man in, isn't good enough for a top 10 push. Add to that, an injury to Bruno and I fear we're back to being absolute dreadful in the middle. Also, Bruno has been playing as a deep lying playmaker aka Shelveys position for the pre-season, hasn't he? 

Latest from Waugh this morning is a repeat of the Maddison and Cornet stuff. We have an interest in Barnes but we may struggle to put a financial package together to tempt Leicester. Also says we have asked to be kept informed of Werner’s situation.

Even just getting Cornet in gives us the goal threat on the rw and the cover to ST that we’re desperate for. Anything beyond that (and I would expect 1 more 25m+ player) would make this an incredible window imo.

A Barnes, Maddison or Werner type signing and my socks would be in orbit.

Pope/ Dubravka 

Trippier. Schar. Botman. Targett

Bruno. Joelinton. Maddison 

Cornet/Miggy                         ASM

Werner/Wilson

:notbad: