Jesse Lingard

5 minutes ago, Conjo said:

This I don't agree with.

This I agree with.

Maybe I haven't watched enough of him, but Lingard doesn't strike me as a player that dictates a match. In his first 10 matches for West Ham he scored 9 and assisted 4 goals. He managed 0 goals & 1 assist in remaining 6 matches which is more in line with the rest of his career so it's safe to assume it is more likely a purple patch like Willock rather than being a player teams have to take special precautions against.

We seem to be getting a proper CM that we've been screaming out for in Bruno. If we get him, I think our next priority should be a CB considering the amount of goals we let in.

Compare that with our current options tho!  If he could replicate any of that early west ham form he'd be well above fraser and Murphy's season long total after 30 minutes 

3 minutes ago, Xa7as said:

Loving the fact we've the high and mighty at Man United rattled despite winning twice all season. 

Think they're just being sensible that the club could well be a problem for them within a few seasons, so why would they want to help hasten that problem? :dontknow:

Edited by Pixelphish

Froggy is right BTW, why would man utd let him go today? They will wait until Monday and flog him to whoever offers the most for him. They won't let him go for free in the summer, that would be cutting off their noses to spite their face.

Monday will come, their will be a few usual suspects in the mix and it will come down to whatever the best deal is for Manchester United, not Jesse Lingard.

I think Lingard will have to decide what is more important, a big signing on fee in the summer or playing football for 4 months. He's better off moving on a permanent deal and asking for a release clause.

I also don't think he will have that many big clubs after him in the summer. Perhaps a big club abroad but that seems like a graveyard move.

He's still looking at the Everton/West Ham bracket, not the Spurs/Arsenal bracket.

After all the despicable we have more rights than you. The, we should be able to dictate who joins our gang, and have a say in who owns you.

Man Utd and the rest of arrogant bunch of arsehole can really just fuck off.

1 minute ago, STM said:

Froggy is right BTW, why would man utd let him go today? They will wait until Monday and flog him to whoever offers the most for him. They won't let him go for free in the summer, that would be cutting off their noses to spite their face.

Monday will come, their will be a few usual suspects in the mix and it will come down to whatever the best deal is for Manchester United, not Jesse Lingard.

Exactly this. The only question being is would they ask say Crystal Palace for the same amount they wanted from us? Because I expect there will be a club willing to pay close enough to the £10m they wanted as well, hopefully we match whatever the best offer is. 

Getting him in for 6 months could be key if he performs well and enjoys his time here we would be in pole position to get a quality player/big upgrade on what we have for no fee in the summer when his contract is up. 

I know it's a he'll of a money but if he helps us survive I'd pay it, it's a position we desperately need as we always look short in supporting the ST and he would help massively in a high press up the field. If we win him over with the fans and excitement of new regime he is more likely to sign permanently in the summer. If we can get the price down then great but I'd still go for it

3 hours ago, Froggy said:

Have you genuinely seen this? The only thing fans are happy about is the club not bending over and being shafted on deals any more. We can easily shift Lingard at any moment, so why would we make it easy when the club with the richest owners come looking for him?

Saying that, it's also important to remember that he's rubbish and a billion miles away from our team. There might be some jostling on social media, but everyone wants him to move on. The fact we're going to get any money for him is a bonus. 

EkOmmD8WkAI1a93?format=jpg&name=large

The thing that annoys me is that just signing Lingard doesn’t mean we survive. It will be a hard fought team effort that the guy can contribute too.  The audacity to try and get some cash for a team effort is just silly and there’s no way that we would do that. Maybe give the player a bonus, but no way do we give a club that

I can see why Howe is keen on him tbh, think he'd provide a missing link in our team, especially with Bruno looking for those passes into the channels, but there has to be better alternatives for the money. We'd probably get him for a reasonable fee on deadline day, but would you really want to rely on Man U co-operating at the death?

52 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

The thing that annoys me is that just signing Lingard doesn’t mean we survive. It will be a hard fought team effort that the guy can contribute too.  The audacity to try and get some cash for a team effort is just silly and there’s no way that we would do that. Maybe give the player a bonus, but no way do we give a club that

I know we have played them twice and that part of the reason for doing this is because they are desperate for us not to survive, but does it not also set a dangerous precedent? Say we had them on the final day, with us needing a win to stop up and them having nothing to play for? Could they not just play a reserve team and pocket the cash? Are these type of clauses common?

The thing with so much crap in the news is that no-one actually knows if it's him or Man Utd stopping it. If it's him, then fair enough he probably just isn't interested in actually playing while picking up a no-doubt substantial wage, then getting a massive signing on bonus when his current one expires.

If its them, then its a bit more complicated. They are either 'petrified' as reported of him showing them up and don't want us in the league, or they are willing to risk losing him for nothing in order to re-coup a portion of the money they have spent developing and paying him for the majority of his career.