Jesse Lingard

Man United will be reluctant to let him go to West Ham but that will be his preferred move, best case scenario is we beat West Ham’s offer and Lingard is happy enough to come here.

I think this really could be a key signing not just until May but he could play a huge role for us for the next 2/3 seasons. If he has a good 6 months here now he will be very likely to stay permanently imo. 

2 minutes ago, wormy said:

Ugh he's going to West Ham, isn't he?

Can't see their board sanctioning a move to them considering they're direct rivals in league this season. We're the only show in town if he's allowed to leave, imo. 

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

The article again states Man Utd won’t let him go to a top 4 rival 

I doubt anyone would predict this future when Ashley bought us that the top 4 rival would be West Ham and the relegation candidate was us.

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

It’s down to whether they would prefer us to stay up or if they would prefer to risk losing out on a CL place. 

Chances are they just keep him.

Alternatively do they think we are now likely to stop up so make some cash from us while they can.

I get that there's a relegation and an NUFC premium but the price they were asking was beyond even that.

3 minutes ago, McCormick said:

It’s down to whether they would prefer us to stay up or if they would prefer to risk losing out on a CL place. 

Chances are they just keep him.

I don't think Man United see us as much of an existential threat in the same way Spurs, Arsenal etc do. They're massive and will stay that way regardless. 

I think short term thinking regarding a Champions League place will trump any qualms about loaning to us.