Dan Burn

Rich

1 minute ago, 1892er said:

Blames lies at Maxi's door for me. Lost it and they had to try and reshuffle.

Burn just went flying out at Iwobi and just let him glide past him. It was ridiculously poor defending

Just now, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Dan Burntout?

It's somewhat telling the two mistakes have been at the death. It's not like he's making them after 20 minutes.

Doesn't normally have players running at him centrally tbf. 

Didn't watch the Chelsea game and obviously someone must be blamed but it was genuinely world class play from Jorginho and Havertz, you can't be touch-tight goal side as a slow centre back at all times unfortunately. 

Regardless he's been way, way better than anticipated, to date.

23 minutes ago, 1892er said:

Blames lies at Maxi's door for me. Lost it and they had to try and reshuffle.

It was a terrible pass from Joe straight to Everton. Fucking amazed that some of you are twisting it to 'ASM lost the game'.

4 minutes ago, Pata said:

It was a terrible pass from Joe straight to Everton. Fucking amazed that some of you are twisting it to 'ASM lost the game'.

Shite pass

Poor control and decision making

First defender sells himself

Second defender doesn't cover round well enough to stop Iwobi or do enough to stop DLC

Full back doesn't cover round to follow Iwobi run

Keeper slightly flat footed

Blame whoever.

Just now, ManDoon said:

I’d have to watch it again but I didn’t didn’t feel like he hit the ball that well and that Dubs positioning seemed a bit shit. 

Yeah it was. Iwobi hits it OK, but it’s a very predictable shot and not in the corner. 

37 minutes ago, Pata said:

Absolutely this.  Horrific "hospital" ball by Joelinton to Max which led to their goal.

1 hour ago, Pata said:

Aye mate ya right just rewatched it. Seemed like he lost the ball when I first watched it for some reason. Was a stray pass he could do nothing about really.

Maybe the last couple of games and huge ricks have shown why Burn has never played at a top club and for England. Maybe this has shown he has been playing above his level since signing. Two very rookie errors have cost us in games we didn't look like conceding.

8 hours ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Think both he and Schar are guilty of getting too involved in the "pashun" Frank got them to come out with second half. Left themselves open and rash.

Aye, Richarlison was clearly sent out to wind Burn up and it was working [emoji38]

It's the kind of shithouse stuff we relied on not that long back. It's effective and we need to find a way to deal with it.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

29 minutes ago, Tyne81 said:

Maybe the last couple of games and huge ricks have shown why Burn has never played at a top club and for England. Maybe this has shown he has been playing above his level since signing. Two very rookie errors have cost us in games we didn't look like conceding.

The Havertz goal is harsh like, it was a top quality ball in, matched by a run and finish from a player in great form.

He's a very good defender, everyone is going to make the odd mistake here or there, but mostly he's been consistently good.

One thing I will say though is I can see what Brighton fans were talking about when they said despite his height, he's not fantastic in the air. At his height he's always going to win his fair share of duels, but he's not always in control when he's up against a striker and the ball can go anywhere.