Matt Targett

SUPERTOON

3 hours ago, HTT II said:

Walker mind isn’t finished and although his distribution is questionable, his power, pace and defensive awareness is top notch. He’s easily still one of the best full-backs in the game.

Agreed. His positioning and awareness at the Euros was world class. Matured brilliantly as a footballer. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

How can anyone look at those images and think anything of them or am I being thick. :lol:

Im with you. I think you have to have a certain sort of brain to get anything from that 

Only the predominant pass categories for each player are highlighted and the colour represents how often those passes are made, on average, per completed pass. At least, I think that's what their explanation meant. :lol:

23 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

How can anyone look at those images and think anything of them or am I being thick. :lol:

Nah, I with you. I just felt like I was looking at them fucking "magic eye" things again. :lol:

3 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

How are Targett’s mainly just over halfway right of centre? :lol:

It's just the daft way they've categorised the type of pass. That type of pass is shown by that arrow in that position, regardless of whether the fullback plays on the left or right side. Basically Targett is mint and that's all they needed to say. :lol:

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, 54 said:

I don't know who he is, but our new presenter thats been around this last few weeks has a much better personality then the last bloke at the helm.

Andy Sixsmith, he works for the PL.

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

I lov u mattem

I love him. He's such a likeable bloke. Lodi looks incredible, but as daft as it might sound, I'd rather feel the connection with a player that's not as good. It's what it's all about for me.

Would be amazing if he could get in the England squad like. He's definitely got consistency and defensive nous in his favour. Would probably take an injury to Chilwell or Shaw to give him a really good chance (similar to the opening Burn potentially has) and he'd need to step up a bit, but it's within his capabilities.

Absolutely bliddy love this fella. Great attitude and think he has been a steal.

It's interesting that both him and Wilson have been talking about wanting to play for England as well. I'm guessing Howe has them all dreaming a bit.

And why the hell not? That's what football is supposed to be about, for players as much as for fans.

41 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Would be amazing if he could get in the England squad like. He's definitely got consistency and defensive nous in his favour. Would probably take an injury to Chilwell or Shaw to give him a really good chance (similar to the opening Burn potentially has) and he'd need to step up a bit, but it's within his capabilities.

Botman coming in has potentially torpedoed any slim chance Burn has of making the England squad, I think.

Target should have a chance though but he doesn’t seem to be that highly rated outside of our NUFC echochamber, unfortunately. A lot of “big 6” fans seem to point him out as being a weak link in our first xi, which he clearly isn’t.

Edited by McCormick