Matt Targett

SUPERTOON

29 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

A good side yeah. Point being? Their defence is elite and that GF is very much not in line with anyone around them. Their manager is a pure pragmatist and they have one of the best keepers in the league?

All of which is irrelevant because you said goals are not our problem, they are also our problem along with conceding. 

Sorry, was in a hurry and thought you'd get my meaning for some reason. :lol:

Point being that with a better defence, our GF is fine. There are plenty of teams in the low 20s like us with more games played. Obvious to say but results are the problem and they can be improved with a better defence just as much as they can with more goals. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

59 minutes ago, wormy said:

Fucking Rob Brydon. Been driving me mad who he reminds me of all day but that grin settles it. :lol:

Ah, it's Rorschach from Watchmen. "I'm not trapped in this club with you, you're trapped here with ME!"

Watched some clips of him. He'll instantly be the best left back at the club which more than justifies his signing. 

Seemed to link up well with Grealish at Villa down that left side. Let's hope he and ASM can get a good understanding going also. 

7 hours ago, ManDoon said:

4th worst GF in the league.  

Off the lowest average possession though. Its hard to score goals when the other team is passing the ball. Bournemouth under Howe were consistently 12th or so at keeping the ball, with only a slight drop off the season they went down.

Burn, Targett, Trippier and Bruno should help us keep it much longer. At least three of them also hit more progressive passes (passes that advance the ball) than the players they're replacing (Bruno>Hayden/Longstaff, Burn>Lascelles/Schar, and Trippier>Manq/Krafth). Targett mightn't if its Ritchie, because distribution is all he's good at. He'll just massively upgrade all the defensive stuff instead. With the ball coming more at him, we'll see what Wood can do.